Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: 38spl and the 358242

Boolit Master

38spl and the 358242

Alright, who has loaded it? Did you find it to be accurate? What types of powder did you try out? And I'm talking about the 120g version...
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

I have never seen the 358242 but have 2 356242's the 120gr 9MM. I use to shoot that boolit a lot, now my granddaughter shoots it in 38 sp. with 2.5 bullseye.

Both moulds cast at .357 so I beagle them to get .359 then size to .358 lube with NRA 50/50

My Smith 59 likes unique or reddot with this boolit sized @ .357
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Moderator Emeritus

I like it in the 9 but have never tried it in the special.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Jake View Post
    I have never seen the 358242 but have 2 356242's the 120gr 9MM. I use to shoot that boolit a lot, now my granddaughter shoots it in 38 sp. with 2.5 bullseye.

Both moulds cast at .357 so I beagle them to get .359 then size to .358 lube with NRA 50/50

My Smith 59 likes unique or reddot with this boolit sized @ .357
    The 358242 is the same boolit, just drops at .358 instead of .356. Your Smith likes it though?
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Boolit Master
    Anybody else want to weigh in on this? I'm looking at some data from the Reloaders Reference and I'm seeing two loads, which I'm assuming are max loads, that peek my interest.

6.9gr Unique for 1132fps, and 12.5gr 2400 for 1120 fps. Seems like this might make a zippy load for taking out smaller critters...

Boolit Buddy
    I just tried the 124 grain version today in my K-38 with a 6" barrel. 3.8 grains of Bullseye seemed to be the most accurate at 25 yards, followed by 4.4 grains of Bullseye. 1 1/2" groups at 25 yards off a sandbag. Not nbad, I'd say!

Boolit Grand Master
    I managed to snagg an older Lyman 4 cavity off E-bay a while back and have had fair results with 3.5 grns of 231. I really think I need to step it up a bit, but I was looking for a soft shooying training load for use by my grandson.