Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Noe 311-165 rf

Boolit Master

Noe 311-165 rf

Today I got to the range with the 311-165 loaded for my 30-30 with 20.0 gr. IMR 4198 and bullets sized to .309. This is a load that has performed well for me with other cast bullets of similar weight in my Marlin 336. I had one cavity hollow pointed in my mold and that is what I shot today. My hollow pointed bullets with gas check and lube weigh in at 162 grains. Over all loaded length is 2.42" to function in my rifle. I made a new hollow point pin for my mold that is .122" in diameter and tapers to .190" at the tip. This gives a hollow point about twice as large as the pin provided with the mold. 50 yard groups ran right around 1 1/2" for 10 shots. At 100 yards my groups were about 2". I did not get a chance to recover any bullets as the range was busy with other shooters. I'm sure I can improve on the groups with powder adjustments but I am extremely pleased with my first range session.

Nighthunter

Boolit Grand Master
    Shot some of mine today. I only shot offhand on a pig silhouette practicing for Sundays leveraction match. Far as I can tell- they shoot exactly the same as my "real" RD mould. 17 gr 2400 works well with these too.
    Mould drops easily and with 4 cav it makes a pile of bullets quick.

Very happy with results so far. Deer in Nov may not be.....

Boolit Master
    This bullet in hollow point form is a dream come true in my 03-A3 Springfield 30-06. With the bullets sized to .309 and loaded over 32.0 grains of IMR 4895 these bullets shoot groups of 5/8" at 100 yards. These groups are repeatable on several days shooting sessions. Today I shot 2 groundhogs with this combination and I was impressed with the bullet performance. Both exit wounds were about 3" to 3 1/2". And these shells are loaded on a Dillon 550B.

Nighthunter

Boolit Buddy
    Just got around to casting some with mine. Very nice mold, boolits drop out like they are greased. Bands miked out at .311exactly I a newb, so I didn't get a ton of good boolits in this first ever casting session, but I was running the lead a bit too cool. The mold halves did stick once or twice on opening, but rotating the mold 90 degrees fixed that. Maybe the Lee handles are off a bit ...

Pat