Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire stores going to steel weights...

Boolit Master
    Hate the change! I have grand kids and I am sick that they will never be as free as I have been. As for me by the time all the lead is gone or banned I will be branch on the family tree, just hate it for them.

I just scored on 4 buckets full of assorted wheelweights. Totals about 700 pounds with very little junk in them. Last bucket I got from this source was probably 70% clip-on lead, 25% stick-on lead, and 5% steel or zinc. I was very pleased with it. Price was very reasonable and I may be able to pick up about 150-200 pounds per month for a while from this one source.

Boolit Buddy
    The biggest recycler here in europe is a battery company named Varta.Whatever the tire shops send back they buy and guess for what. WW=battery=money.
    There is no more talk from the green party about ground contamination or lead sifting in the drinking water.Money makes the world go around - as the saying goes.
    Uwe

i wonder how the battery makers are dealing with the zinc weights

steel is easy as they wont melt

stephen perry

California WW

I have been able to get a bucket of ww each month for many years. Same shop usually a 12 pk of beer. Last bucket was 144# half truck weights and the other half the small stuff. Next to nothing zinc.

For the unsatisfied Kalifornia types I have 2 words 'get out'. With you guys and your family out the rest of us in beautiful California can have what ww are left.

Hate to see someone hanging around California for the good weather and the retirement. Why did you people come here in the first place.

Stephen Perry
    Angeles BR

Quote Originally Posted by stephen perry View Post
    I have been able to get a bucket of ww each month for many years. Same shop usually a 12 pk of beer. Last bucket was 144# half truck weights and the other half the small stuff. Next to nothing zinc.

For the unsatisfied Kalifornia types I have 2 words 'get out'. With you guys and your family out the rest of us in beautiful California can have what ww are left.

Hate to see someone hanging around California for the good weather and the retirement. Why did you people come here in the first place.

Stephen Perry
    Angeles BR
    SOme of us were brought here by our parents. WHile I don't blame them, I have been hating htis place for the last 10-12yrs. Those living here thinking it's "so wonderful" are kidding themselves. Higherst taxes, some of the most intensive personal liberty restrictions, highest cost of living & a govt. that is just moronic beyond belief. Give it another 10yrs & the state will be in total ruin, property values half of what they are now because long time residents like me, will be taking what's left of our money & getting the hell out before the collapse comes. The frickin nice weather is getting pretty damned expensive if you ask me. I will behappy to leave sooner than later & I have been here on & off for 46yrs now.

stephen perry

Don't Blame You

But why label the State Kalifornia and be hypocritical enough to live here most of your life. Nevada seems the place to go to have the freedoms you seek and the tax structure favors retirees. Also Nevada has some of the best hunting and fishing in the West.

Stephen Perry
    Angeles BR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12