Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom 8mm .326" 6 Cavity Custom Buy Begins Here

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hackleback
    I am intirested in this mould. Anyone have thoughts on how cast boolits perform in less than prestine mil-surp barrels? I think that every 8mm I have has some roughtness to it- some a lot more than others. How about bores that are a bit worn/over size?

Sorry, my intention is not to hijack this thread, just have a couple of questions.

Thank you
    ...............Most milsurp barrels that have seen any use in actual combat, or from places like South America will be less then new. Damage to the bore can take many forms. Some can damage the cast lead slug. Others that are very worn won't provide the guidance the cast lead bullet needs, since it's so much more fragile then a jacketed slug.

I have several surplus rifles with uniformly dark bores, but with good clear lands that shoot as well as a person could ask for. If your rifle has sharp lands and a good crown, the chances are excellent it will be a good shooter. Even if he lands are badly worn, it can still shoot, but the velocity will be limited. I have a 1895 Chilean in 7x57 whose lands appear only as shiney bumps spiraling up the bore. The leade apparently ends up under the rear sight someplace. But shooting to about 1600 fps it does a good job (with a Loverin design. No bore riders allowed )

However, there are no guarantees as there are just too many variables.

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Is there still time to get in on this buy?? I think it would be real good in my 8x57.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

There is still time ,come on aboard.

Sean

hey guys just a quick question, what is the g/c size for this. is it the one for .323 or a different one

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jballs918
    hey guys just a quick question, what is the g/c size for this. is it the one for .323 or a different one

GC for a 32/8mm will be correct for this one.

NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    323 is the same thing. ... felix
    felix

greats thanks guys i got 2k of them coming i may need to see about doing some horse trading i ordered 3k in 30cal. i looks like i may not even reload my 30 cals.

Boolit Master
    The check is in the mail.. Thanks for the opportunity
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Anybody else jumping in here? My old 98 is getting hungry and I really don't want to resort to buying an intermediary unit with limited capacity........please help!
    Lead.

Banned

Heads up to anyone who has sent a check in, or will be sending a check on this GB mold deal.

"Greyarea" has not responded to a sale on a mold, and is avoiding one of our fellow members.

Go here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ed=1#post75738

I hope this is all a missunderstanding and greyarea will come forward and clean the slate, but as for now everyone needs to know what's going on here.

Boolit Master

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin
    Heads up to anyone who has sent a check in, or will be sending a check on this GB mold deal.

"Greyarea" has not responded to a sale on a mold, and is avoiding one of our fellow members.

Go here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ed=1#post75738

I hope this is all a missunderstanding and greyarea will come forward and clean the slate, but as for now everyone needs to know what's going on here.

Good advice Pat. I had requested a detailed drawing by PM from greyarea back on the 11th of April, but have recieved no reply. I realize he did post a rough drawing with dimensions, but that hopefully is not what he intends to send Lee. I have withheld my money order until I see a better class of drawing and in light of the above mentioned activity may not participate at all.

I too hope this can be cleared up with a simple explanation.

SS

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So where does it go from here? Is there anything to be done or is this going to be just another kick in the a** to the tune of fifty eight bucks?
    Lead.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by keeper89
    So where does it go from here? Is there anything to be done or is this going to be just another kick in the a** to the tune of fifty eight bucks?

Keeper89,

I am not sure where this is heading at this point. Certainly their are methods of legal recourse if this situation is not resolved to the satisfaction of those who have sent payment. This is unheard of when you think of this board and community. I personally have never encountered a problem when dealing with a member of this board and it is truely disturbing that greyarea would act in this manner in connection to a group buy of a basic boolit design that I put forth for consideration.

To those that have sent checks, please check your records to determine if it has been cashed. It is my understanding that the Honcho sits on the checks until the buy is closed and then deposits them. After they clear, then a check from the Honcho to Lee is issued for the fee for the moulds.
    Last edited by SharpsShooter; 05-08-2006 at 05:06 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master
    We don't know what the situation is on the mold order. Sharpshooter's recommendation of confirming the status of personal checks sent is a good start, and someone so situated might check for unauthorized activity on the account from which the check was drawn. Having sent a personal or business check with its routing number at the bottom, the potential for account manipulation is present. I would recommend sending money orders or cashier's checks for all such orders in the future--they are certified funds, and most banks don't place holds on funds if deposited.

That said--let's give benefit of doubt until some indication of actual fraud--and not a crashed computer or sorry DSL service (my current annoyance)--becomes a bit more clear. As I posted last night, the best first call if fraud by U.S. Mail is suspected is to your local office of the U.S. Postal Inspector.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Got to say that a scammer would be ill advised to perpetrate fraud on this particular group of people--good shots all and not just a few LE personnel......
    Lead.

Boolit Grand Master
    It would be a first as far as I know, Keeper. I'm hopeful that it is a misunderstanding, but if not I have some case experience in this venue.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Super Moderator

..............Not being in this buy, I haven't been following it. I did get a couple PM's about it so I've read the thread through and can see the concern for what 'may' be an issue.

First of all I hate to think of something bad happening, as this will be a first so far as group buys are concerned. I have no idea what is up with the Honcho, and have sent an e-mail as I suppose other's have also.

I don't know what to believe or think and am hoping for the best for this group AND the honcho. I don't know what kinds of problems he might be having but in the initial post for the buy the man put his name, address, e-mail AND his telephone number right out there for everyone to see. If you intend to scam a group, you usually don't do that.

I hope for a response from him, and that there has been no major life issue. I do believe that someone has called the posted phone number and spoke to his mother. I hope that that is all that will be required and we can all move on.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Hello everyone i would like to appologise for the lapse in my updating and any other issuses that have arisen in the last few weeks. There is nothing to worry about with this buy. If anyone has any questions or comments for me PM, e-mail (brianattbb@yahoo.com), or call (404-840-1642) me anytime.

Update of zips

83706 2 molds

Super Moderator

............Brian, thank you very much for the e-mail and for making the post on the board. I should think we can all move on with the group buy now. I hope things settle down in your business before too much longer.

.....................Buckshot

[QUOTE=greyarea]Hello everyone i would like to appologise for the lapse in my updating and any other issuses that have arisen in the last few weeks. There is nothing to worry about with this buy. If anyone has any questions or comments for me PM, e-mail (brianattbb@yahoo.com), or call (404-840-1642) me anytime.

Thanks for posting,

Sean

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast