Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Range Test On 8 Mm

Boolit Master

Thumbs up Range Test On 8 Mm

----rain forcast for today so I took a chance and had range pretty much to myself and only about 5 min of rain (there has to be somebody watching over me) loaded some 8 mm in 168gr. lead and also 168 gr. jacket ------Rifle was an FN-49----10 shot auto in 8mm---------------I tested 5 loads in lead g/k 168 gr.-------powder was 4198-----4227----2400----and the winner was ---- 3031-----------gave good groups and cycled the action-load was 36 grs.-no pressure signs----will play with this to see if it will fine tune-the other 3 powders did not cycle action and produced poor groups---------groups with the 36grs. of 3031-where about 3/4 inch. open sites bench-rest------------at 25 yards. gentlemen I dont know if I can see the target at 100 yards. may try 75 yards.-----(72 yrs. young)-------sites at 25 yards. are blurry-hope you enjoyed------------------Mag--------

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Sounds like the fun I had trying to make a Garand throw a 311334 bullet with any kind of velocity and accuracy . It does take time though , ..... won't be to many years I can retire and have a little of that "time" thing .

Jack

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    The FN-49 has an adjustable gas system. You can get it to function about any reasonable load.