Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stoegers latest abomination.

Moderator Emeritus

Stoegers latest abomination.

Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    Thanks Trey!
    <
    I needed a laugh - and that one dang near left me wiping off the monitor screen!
    <CHEEZ!>

Boolit Master

Not that I would buy one (I have plenty of guns available for home protection) but I can see the usefulness of this thing, especially for use by people with limited training who might be uncomfortable with a pump or auto. "Coach" guns have a long and honorable history. At inside-the-house ranges even a 20 gauge with an ounce of #6s would be an awesome fightstopper.

Boolit Grand Master

They'll sell a "wagon load" of these guns. Who woulda thunk it?? A tactical side by side. My oh my!!

Dale53

Boolit Master
    marketing gimmick. coach guns are a point and shoot weapon. notice I said 'weapon'. The only 'sporting use' they have is cowboy matches - well maybe some really close quail. that said, I love'm, but can't see the reason to dress them up tactically. better off with a plain jane 97 or ithca 37 with a short barrel.

How-sum-ever, if this is what it takes to have someone prep up to take care of themselves - get after it.

Me + 1 coach gun (loaded) = you had better not rob my place tonight.

A double barrel 12 or 20 bore packs one heck of a punch, especially if you pull both triggers at the same time.

I've been known to hunt deer using slugs in them when I was in a state that was shotgun only. They work just fine & they don't make a lot of rattling noises when you move through the woods with them (like a lot of pump guns do).

Coach guns have their place. I'm not particularly fond of that specific one or it's price tag, but there are others out there that are better deals that I would be happy to own.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Moderator Emeritus

Hey don't get me wrong, I love coachguns, I own a 20 gauge 2 trigger coachgun myself. I just can't get on board with a "tacticool" coachgun. Just my humble opinion, but a coachgun is supposed to be blued steel and walnut, just like God intended them to be.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    I like the idea of a short double for defense. A gun with ejectors can lay down a lot of fast repeat shots if necessary. What turns me off on this one are two things: 1) Too much crap hanging out on the end of the barrels. Ruins the balance, when a split second delay in target acquisition may be disastrous. 2) If I were picking a gun to possibly use to defend my life or the lives of my loved ones I wouldn't go with a cheap *** like a Stoeger. I've seen them (along with their O/U's and autoloaders) break too often at the trap and skeet club I shoot at. Why people insist on going the el-cheapo route for a defense weapon is beyond me.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    I recall a cartoon I once saw. Someone was selling a Rolls Royce and had a sign stuck in the windshield that said, "4-Sale". An obviously fine English gentleman wearing tweeds and a bowler, carrying a cane, looked at the scene and said, "You should be horsewhipped!"

A double gun with TWO Picatinny rails and a black synthetic stock? They should be horsewhipped!

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Master
    Well, I'd like to see what that thing would do with a roundball load with a reddot mounted up top. Only I'd much rather have a double trigger, and a wood stock. Or you could go the other way and put a M-4 four position adjustable on it.
    If they would just come up with a double barrel pump gun with twin 10 round mags I'd buy it. On second thought make it an auto.

haa that was funny

they really need to put a verticle grip on the front rail to add to the rediculousness

Boolit Buddy
    You guys need to read the spec's a little closer, it's not a synthetic stock, it's a wood stock painted black. I'm sure you are really relieved to hear that.

Boolit Master

I can see the usefulness of a laser and/or flashlight on any tactical weapon that requires two hands to use properly. Not so much use for optical sights.

Anyone notice the usefulness of the fiber optic bead with the Lego's in the way?
    ...and why is it that only white guys break into homes in advertisements? I'm just saying...

BTW: They already done the tactical lever actions! I forget the forum, but these guys where all over that crap, like it was the second coming! I realized something that day - It's not the product, but how you sale it...
    --------------
    Ron

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy lead View Post
    If they would just come up with a double barrel pump gun with twin 10 round mags I'd buy it. On second thought make it an auto.
    Years ago
    I was at Second Chance shooting pins

In one event shotguns were used along with other guns , a pistol and a semi auto rifle I believe

A guy joined a left hand and right hand Rem 1100 togeather
    1 trigger
    And a single pistol griped M16 style stock

Both sides had 8 shot mags and the barrels had been duck billed

You had to clear your table of I believe 8 pins before you could help your partners

From memory
    He cleared his table with 2 pulls of the trigger and then finished off the other tables in short order

I personaly like the idea of the scope rail
    As I would use the gun with slugs and a red dot in heavy cover for deer

But the other rails are a joke IMO

1 1/4 oz of #2 lead shot at 1330 fps is the first 2 shots in the shotgun next to the bed

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy lead View Post
    Now we're talking!!!
    Or better yet O/U SxS. 4 barrels. they could call it an X gun

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NSP64 View Post
    Now we're talking!!!
    Or better yet O/U SxS. 4 barrels. they could call it an X gun
    With four triggers, so you could pull 'em all at once.

Boolit Master
    They left a few things off. No M4 collapsible stock, no Picatinny rails on the fore end, and no single-point sling connection? I'll pass.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

BAYONET Where the heck is the bayonet? I was at the public range this past Sunday and there was a moron (technical term) with a bayonet on his 22rf rifle on the silly wett side of the range???
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm fine with my Benneli pump, thank you very much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast