Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen door gun

Boolit Master
    Old Nylon 66 takes care of most things around here.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    For legal reasons, the only loaded gun in my house that is not locked up is the one on my belt.

As we live in town (for now) the "kitchen door gun" is a Taser C2. Wife has no problems with that.
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Moderator Emeritus

Don't really have a kitchen door gun, the all around inside the house gun is a 870 12 gauge.
    I do keep 2 guns in the garage, a freeby RG22 loaded with snake shot, for you guessed it, snakes. Living this close to the swamp you'd think we'd have more snakes than we do in the yard, I've only seen one and he wasn't poisonous. Haven't used the RG22 on a snake yet.

I normally keep a HiPoint 40sw carbine behind the tool box, for rabbit and groundhog control, got 2 rabbits out of the garden with it so far this year, no groundhogs with it. The hipoint is just ugly enough that I have no real attachment to it, so if it were to get stolen out of the garage, I wouldn't be as upset as I would be if they stole something else. Funny thing about it is, as ugly as it is, it eats and hits with any ammo I've tried, handloads to jhp.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master

Wink which door?

The one closest to the back door is a 222 Rem M600 bolt gun.

Gamo Shadow .177 w/4x BSA airgun scope keeps the Squirrels out of the birdfeeders.

scoped marlin model 60. Quick fix to rabbits and other unwelcome garden grazers.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Well, I am now a city boy and do have a kitchen door gun just in case I get lucky and can "live out" again. It is a Savage 24 Camper... 22 LR barrel over a 20 ga. barrel.

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    ... Funny thing about it is, as ugly as it is, it eats and hits with any ammo I've tried, handloads to jhp.
    And that is precicely what HiPoints are all about. Inexpensive and functional.

Which, of course, makes them "saturday night specials" - i.e. cheap guns that them rabble-rousing negros can afford - which is why the oh-so-progressive and not-racist Liberals coined the term... stole it really, from the epithet "******-town Saturday Night Special"...

Gotta love them Libs. White Man Speak with Forked Tongue...
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsights View Post
    And that is precicely what HiPoints are all about. Inexpensive and functional.

Which, of course, makes them "saturday night specials" - i.e. cheap guns that them rabble-rousing negros can afford - which is why the oh-so-progressive and not-racist Liberals coined the term... stole it really, from the epithet "******-town Saturday Night Special"...

Gotta love them Libs. White Man Speak with Forked Tongue...
    I got a Clerke .22 short in a trade deal I worked out with a guy (the original Saturday Night Special, that sold new for $29). Talk about a ********* gun. I couldnt hit the ground if I aimed right at it. When you shoot it you can feel very small shavings of lead from the bullet hit your hand when it is fired. That is due to the very poor cylinder timing.

Witch BTW used to be hung on a nail behind the kitchen door of the guy I got it from.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Boolit Master

When I was a kid, we had a Remington 510 .22 in the corner of the kitchen. Single or double barreled shotguns and .22s were pretty much the order of the day in any kitchen you walked into. If I lived in the country I could make do with either.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Quote Originally Posted by 405 View Post
    The one closest to the back door is a 222 Rem M600 bolt gun.
    Thats the "one" I've been looking for too! But not as a door gun though! I need a mate for my M600 in 35 rem.
    No long guns behind the door as theres still kids running about but the 44 spl. is atop the fridge.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Buddy
    I keep a ruger 10/22 for varmit and pests. An Ar15 for 2 legged vermin and above. Always got a P3AT in the pocket. Got an AK47 in the shed. There is always a .45 1911 within easy reach.

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    Don't really have a kitchen door gun, the all around inside the house gun is a 870 12 gauge.
    I do keep 2 guns in the garage, a freeby RG22 loaded with snake shot, for you guessed it, snakes. Living this close to the swamp you'd think we'd have more snakes than we do in the yard, I've only seen one and he wasn't poisonous. Haven't used the RG22 on a snake yet.

I normally keep a HiPoint 40sw carbine behind the tool box, for rabbit and groundhog control, got 2 rabbits out of the garden with it so far this year, no groundhogs with it. The hipoint is just ugly enough that I have no real attachment to it, so if it were to get stolen out of the garage, I wouldn't be as upset as I would be if they stole something else. Funny thing about it is, as ugly as it is, it eats and hits with any ammo I've tried, handloads to jhp.
    I'm keeping my eye open for a 40 Hi Point or one of the allegedly produced, but never seen Marlin auto's in 40. Either will be for SWMBO.

Boolit Buddy
    Herself's T-Bolt, magazine loaded with shorts, sits by the back door. It has been used several times to (re)establish the peace when little vermin come to call. A three minute dot in an old Weaver K3 works very well at backyard ranges.
    Urny
    Elko County, the old heart of Nevada

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    Backdoor is covered by a fenced yard. Front door sports a Mossberg 500 with 6 rounds of #0 buck as a "mantle" - that is, the thing lives right above the door in a rack.
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Boolit Buddy
    Savage Mod 24, 22 mag over 20. The short gun's always on me or on the nightstand.

Boolit Master

Beside the back door there is 2 guns
    A OLD 870 20 gau loaded with #6 shot
    It is used for ANYTHING that needs to be shot
    While #6 isn't the best for 2 leg vermin
    It will work up close

But the sporterized Turk 98 is better for larger vermin
    I have a GB boolit with 4895 in it
    With 32 cal RB's with reddot handy for close range rabbit , coon or tree rat use

And several 1911 45's around the house where they will be handy

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master

M870 18" barrel with no plug loaded with high base #4s and a Marlin M1894 .357 Mag in the stairwell loaded with hot .38 Special 358477HPs. 9mm Browning High Power also close at hand./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Banned
    In addition to the M44 by the kitchen door, there's also a Savage o/u .22/410 in the hallway. My son uses it when something needs shot as he's a bit small for the 54R yet. He knows how to operate the savage very well (he's 13) and is trusted with it.

I was sitting on the couch a coupla weeks ago, son comes in from outside, doesn't say a word and grabs the savage. Out the front door he goes, "BOOM", back in he comes. He puts the o/u back in it's spot and puts the empty 410 hull with the others to be reloaded. I finally asked him "what'd ya shoot?". His response was a groundhog. I was proud of him lol.

I also always go about my daily business here with either a 45LC or a 380 on my hip.

SSB

Boolit Master
    back door a .12ga single barrel. in the pantry a colt police positive spl. in .38. in my office a repro. 66 win in .44-40. by the bed a ruger bh in .45 colt. and a mini 14. wife keeps my m1 carbine in her office.