Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Targets from your printer

Boolit Buddy
    Cheap as well as creative and retired. Between junk mail and thrift store I get enough target material for an army post. Elmers glue , looseleaf, colored paper. Have never in 20 years bought one . Wife knows what week I'm going to the range by my sitting at the table with paper , scissors and glue.

Boolit Mold
    I'm new here and just stumbled upon this thread- thanks for all the target links, I've already printed copies of one that I think will work really well for rifle testing.

Thanks to all.

Boolit Bub
    I haven't checked the links all out, yet, but I'm hoping that one or two are targets that work with thermal label printers (eltron Zebra type).

Labels are 4x6 ( the standard opens I use are anyhow), and you can get ups ones free ( or could last I checked). They don't require ink, and you can stick them on an existing target, etc.

Boolit Bub
    I dug through the links and found a few that seemed to print well and easily with a 4x6 label printer, so here were my results...

http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10142.pdf , http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10124.pdf , and http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10138.pdf printed very well.

http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10098.pdf printed well, too, but is probably not really worth the bother. It is just a 2" black Circle on 4x6 label stock, and you can get that effect more cheaply and easily with stick on colored dot labels.

http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10090.pdf also prints well, but the bullseye/ center dot is only 1/2 an inch, which makes it pretty limited in application, I believe.

I didn't see this mentioned so here's a link to the one's I use. www.stormtactical.com Good shooting. GP

Just a suggestion for those frugal persons such as myself. I use anything that is 8 1/2 X 11 and blank. Scotch tape it to plastic election signs, and mark 5 dots with black marker. That allows me to see where I am hitting. Too big of a bullseye (black section) and I cannot see where the bullet is going through the yard sign. I usually mount 2 sheets on the yard sighn and that way I have 10 targets to shoot at. When my grandsons go with the targets get pretty creative. We sure do have a lot of fun.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Would like to point out if the printer is well giving problems for all the reason they do you can also just shoot it.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master
    Just printed one of the targets for my daughters new nerf gun

Boolit Master

Self adhesive orange targets from Amazon on white paper is cheaper than the toner cartridges needed to print these "free" targets.

Boolit Master

Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Making your own shoot and see targets is not off topic DOGG. I see not difference if using a printer or a paint can.
    Well thats kinda the way I was thinking I figured it would be easier to add to this thread rather than starting another
    DOGG!!!
    WARNING
    TRESPASSERS
    WILL BE SHOT
    SURVIVORS
    WILL BE SHOT AGAIN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

All kinds of good ideas, but here is what I do. For sighting in a new rifle, I use white butcher paper with a 1" targ dot. For group analysis, I use a number of different printable targets, but I take what I print off at home to Kinkos and print them off on yellow or tan card stock 8 1/2x11". Usually have four bulls per sheet, which allows for 20 shots (4 ea 5 shot groups). card stock is stiff enough to provide good clean holes without ripping. Targets that I want to keep are 3 hole punched, and put in a note book.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    Here are just a few hundred...
    http://stevespages.com/table3.html
    go to above link
    other interesting areas
    Then Download targets as zip file
    Do, or do not.
    There is no try.
    Yoda

Reddoggm: Thank you for posting the homemade shoot and see target video. Old eyes, SSI income and time to spend crafting things all add up to make this a great idea. Thanks for sharing. GP

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Construction program called "Blue Line?" IIRC,made a ton of patterns,bought the 110 lb paper card stock, printed them on company copy machine, cost only for paper to print on.$17 for 250 pages if I remember the cost correctly. Now have about 1000 targets, thanks to my boss, (also a shooter) he bought the paper! Done for a while for targets. Good shooting to all.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Buddy
    Eastern Boulder Cnty,CO. Can be found shooting at GMSC. Erie
    If I may:
    If you have an office in your workplace that handles projects and has old drawings of specs and construction drawings you can usually get them for free to "recycle" at the range of course.
    Our PM shop at work will recycle drawings that have no proprietary info on them, I will take a couple of rolls and have upwards of two hundred new target sheets. a thick sharpie and I can see where my boolits are landing when sighting in.
    When I sit down to look at my rifles in the safe.....
    I can very consistently shoot one inch groups at 100 yards.
    When I sit on the bench at the shooting range.....
    I always wish I was sitting down looking at my rifles in the safe.

Orange county and a cabin in the mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I've used a strip of exam table paper with colored dots from Wal-Mart's office supply section as aiming points. Hard to see those with open sights, though. Paper plates with a dot in the middle work.
    Thumbs up with the paper plate. I am a woodworker and have about a thousand worn out sanding discs laying around. I screw them to a board and at a hundred yrds. you can hear the unique sound of hot lead thru sandpaper. Who needs a spotting scope..

That's nice to be able to print targets that's easily

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast