Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Wideners

Thread: 311440 In 7.62x39

Boolit Buddy

311440 In 7.62x39

I am considering buying one of the special order molds # 311440. I would like to load this in 7.62x39 Ruger#1. I slugged the bore of this rifle this afternoon and it is .310.

This bullet is a 150gr bullet and would it be a good choice for this rifle? I am a novice in this and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Centex Bill

Boolit Master

No reason it shouldn't shoot well in the 7.62 X 39mm.

I've shot loads of them in the .30/30 and some in the .30/06.

You may be a bit better served with a spitzer shaped bullet. The best I've gotten with the 440 out of the 06 is about 1 1/2" @ 100 yards. The .30/30 will do about that as well.

Think I'd look for one of the old RCBS 30-150-SPs or a 311446 Lyman for that rifle./beagle

Super Moderator

..........You have a Ruger #1 in 30 Rooski Shortski? Neat combo . As long as the boolit will drop to your .310" GROOVE diameter. The nose of this custom run is supposed to spec at .301" so if your rifle's BORE isn't over that I'd think it'd be a great slug to use. With that big flat nose, especially for smacking animals with it or even making nice round holes in other stuff.

I've shot the 220gr Lyman 311284 from my small ring Mauser with superb accuracy (.300"x.308") bore-groove.

It DOES stick down in the case somewhat, but it sure hasn't harmed anything. The other boolit is the Lee C312-155R. Another superb shooter.

With your singleshot, the bullet's nose sure shouldn't present any feeding problems!

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance