Load DataRepackboxPBcastcoRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I wish somebody made.....................

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    a handheld cutting tool with precision adjustable cutting blades to remove bb or gc shanks from molds, something simple enough for even me to use. thinking it could be set up like a micrometer that as you dial it up, the blades reach out just a tad more each time.

That is called an adjustable reamer, the problem is getting it perfectly centered.

there is a post showing a member removing gas check shank with a drill bit a drill press vise and a drill press, go figure!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Forester View Post
    maybe it is already out there, but some adjustable way to chamfer and debur case mouths both at one time.

Bonus points if it fits an RCBS case prep center or Wilson trimmer.
    Lyman makes one, look in their catalog about $11.95.
    I just saw the post byChrisX, that is the one, but I didn't know they made a crank handle for it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by chrisx1 View Post
    I have seen a lot of ideas posted about how to keep the handle on your Star from falling down at the wrong time and giving you a lump on your head....but does someone sell a kit?

If not, I am going to start.
    ChrisX1, get a hard hat or learn to duck! I always leave the handle in the down position before I take my hand off the handle.

Bliksem

Boolit Master

I had a thought this afternoon as my arm was getting tired from holding the mold will casting. I switched hands and realized just how much of a righty I am, but it occurred to me that I don't recall seeing a bottom pour with a left handed lever for the spout. Is there one made?

It really doesn't look like it would be hard to bend up a left handed lever for my Lee pot.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by lunicy View Post
    Could always cast quarter size slugs.

You might not get rich, but you could play the donkey kong machine forever
    better yet make them out of zinc.

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

crime dont pay as will as politics

Boolit Master

Pro Melt

Quote Originally Posted by badgeredd View Post
    I had a thought this afternoon as my arm was getting tired from holding the mold will casting. I switched hands and realized just how much of a righty I am, but it occurred to me that I don't recall seeing a bottom pour with a left handed lever for the spout. Is there one made?

It really doesn't look like it would be hard to bend up a left handed lever for my Lee pot.

Edd
    I swapped sides on my Pro Melt

Boolit Mold
    I wish someone would come up with a carbide type die for tapered and shouldered cases so I wouldn't have to mess with lubing the cases. I get lube all over my fingers and when I pick my nose it causes an irritation which causes me to sneeze and whoosh...there goes all my gunpowder!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by haven't got a clue View Post
    I wish someone would come up with a carbide type die for tapered and shouldered cases so I wouldn't have to mess with lubing the cases. I get lube all over my fingers and when I pick my nose it causes an irritation which causes me to sneeze and whoosh...there goes all my gunpowder!!
    I take it you haven't tried a Lee collet die...

I would like to have a rifle die set up like a case trimming die but longer, set up so that you could insert a loaded round and and adjust the die to change a pointed bullet to flat with a file. This way better hunting profiles could be created and bullets could also be made more appropriate for lever actions.
    Last edited by Throwback; 04-06-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    I am still finding out what I need and what is not available (which I have to fabricate). The biggest lack of something that I have seen so far is money. So, I wish somebody made..................... a money mold to cast money from WWs.

Check with Uncle O. He's doing a lot of that lately.
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman .. . Neither works.

Women always say that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.There is no way to prove that they are wrong.

But a year or so after giving birth a woman will often say "It would be nice to have another child".

You never hear a guy say, "It would be nice to get kicked in the nuts again".

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    .............Holy cats! I haven't seen that much available benchtop since I don't remember when You could set 3-4 DOZEN coffee cups down on that. And look at THAT, there is actually some FLOOR in your picture! Just wait though, you WILL eventually get enough stuff sitting around that you'll finally generate that inter-dimensional warp field that exists down at the bottom of most well used work-reloading benches.

I swear there are some that if a bowling ball rolled off the top you'd hear it hit the floor, but that would be the end of it. You wouldn't find it again on a bet. If you have such and you're attuned, while standing there you can feel it sucking at the toes of your PF Flyers.

...............Buckshot
    I hate neat people!

Women always say that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.There is no way to prove that they are wrong.

But a year or so after giving birth a woman will often say "It would be nice to have another child".

My driveway sweeper pickups everybody's brass, but that's OK. It beats bending over.

Boolit Lady

brass catcher

Originally Posted by wallenba
    I truly hate picking up brass, especially at a public range with everyone stepping on them and getting them mixed up. I like MY brass back cause I know their history.

I modified a fold-up umbrella I got at the dollar store to help catch brass. It's real windy where I live, so I took off the fabric and replaced it with a big piece of netting from the fabric store. Prop it up on the bench with a couple sandbags next to where I'm shooting. Not perfect, but deflects them downward and close by. Saves a LOt of time chasing them!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Left hand spout type cast iron ladle.
    Don't those handles just screw on? Can't you just drill a clearance hole in the other side & put the handle on from over there?
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Boolit Master
    an inexpensive way to reload 410 shotgun.

I know I can't be the only one that has a kid with a 410, that will likely "trade up" in a year or two.

I just can't justify the expense of buying the full MEC setup for a shotgun that's "temporary"

Lee doesn't make a lee loader, or a shotgun press for 410. In there FAQ's they point you to MEC for 410.

It should be possible to make a die set for a rockchucker, or similar press, to do 410 2.5"
    you would need an extended shell holder to clear the larger shotgun primers
    NRA life member

LB

Improve this idea into a practical lead furnace:

http://www.periodictable.com/PopSci/...9/1/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by lylejb View Post
    an inexpensive way to reload 410 shotgun.

I know I can't be the only one that has a kid with a 410, that will likely "trade up" in a year or two.

I just can't justify the expense of buying the full MEC setup for a shotgun that's "temporary"

Lee doesn't make a lee loader, or a shotgun press for 410. In there FAQ's they point you to MEC for 410.

It should be possible to make a die set for a rockchucker, or similar press, to do 410 2.5"
    you would need an extended shell holder to clear the larger shotgun primers
    Somebody was talking about making up a Lee Loader type thing for the .410 a few months back. It may have been Lathesmith. I don't really remember.

I had written a letter to Lee a few years ago asking them to please either bring back the .410 Lee Loader or else bring out a Lee Load All in .410. I never got a response.

I had a quick go at doing that sort of thing myself a while back. My results were sort of OK on the first try. You can see what I did, starting around post #16 in this thread - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...highlight=.410

The part that I didn't get done was finding a place to buy crimp starters in .410.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

MICHIGAN,but rather be in alaska,or montanna
    very interesting question,even more so with ideas,so heres mine, id like to see a see through window in my lubamatic 2 press letting me know the level of lube left. hense air gaps ,and time to clean it out. theres alot of load data books out there,,how about a lube formula book,with directions,and differant resipies,this i think would be nice to have on hand,and should be on every load bench. i think it would be a hot ticket. also how about a offset adaptor to convert a single stage press into a 7hole turret press. also how about a brass holding clear tubes,most guys are either bagging it, or boxing it,how about clear plastic tubes, the diamiter would be 6cases in a circle inside the tubes,and the tubes marked=6 for the fist level,next level up 12,next level up 18,and so on,making 50 and 100 round tubes,with srew cap ends,this would stop the counting of brass,and save time for knowing exactly what,and how many needed. these tubes can be made for all caliber handguns,rifles. if tube gets knocked over so what,theres not going anywere,and can be seen exactly whats what,and how many with a simple look. no more bags, torn bags,boxes,counting,spilling,ect. theres my sugestions. i think the lube formula cook,resipe book,and the brass tube holder will be hot sellers. i have more!! im loaded-lol

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by haven't got a clue View Post
    http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/con...hree_Die_Sets_

If you read the description of the dies from Dillon you still need to lube their bottleneck carbide dies.

better yet

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    I am still finding out what I need and what is not available (which I have to fabricate). The biggest lack of something that I have seen so far is money. So, I wish somebody made..................... a money mold to cast money from WWs.

better yet use zinc ww .

that way you can savethe good ww and dont waste good ww.

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

crime dont pay as will as politics

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast