Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Anyone use LBT Soft in their Star?

Boolit Mold

Anyone use LBT Soft in their Star?

Apparently Veral has said that the soft and the Star lube sizer don't go together well. Anyone have any experience with LBT Soft and Star?

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Never tried it but if you have some that needs to be used you can add a little beeswax to harden it up. I think that Veral had people using the soft at a high pressue and the Star leaked it out. Used it all the time in the RCBS until I started making my own.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Banned

I used it years ago in a star without trouble but you have to keep in mind i live in northern mich. not texas. I dont use it anymore because for the most part ive gone to variations of felix and when i buy lube i buy it for lars. His lubes are just as good as verals and about 1/3 the cost. veral is pretty proud of his lubes and his molds.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I used it years ago in a star without trouble but you have to keep in mind i live in northern mich. not texas. I dont use it anymore because for the most part ive gone to variations of felix and when i buy lube i buy it for lars. His lubes are just as good as verals and about 1/3 the cost. veral is pretty proud of his lubes and his molds.
    Who is this felix and lars you speak of?

Felix and Lars are members here. Felix came up with a lube formula hereafter to be called Felix World Famous Lube or FWFL for short. If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see an advertisment for Lar45s Stuff. That be he.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Banned

you gotta make the felix yourself.
    lars is below.

Boolit Master
    i was turned on to lbt blue soft by mugs for using on 7mm and 30 carb bullets. i called lbt and ask about it saying not for star sizers. they sait it would be ok. i have it in one of my stars just for 7mm and 30 cab. bullets . no heater needed.

Boolit Buddy
    Veral changed that statement about the Star luber after he realized he had too much pressure for the lube. After he eased up on the pressure he said it worked fine.