RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 357 Lee 180gr flat nose bootit group buy?

Boolit Buddy

180 gr .358 Bullet

I would be interested in one of these molds if it was a bullet I could use for my rifle(s) and pistol.

I shoot a 35 Rem, 358 Winc and 357 Marlin Cowboy. I also could use this occasionaly in my Ruger Blackhawks. I would prefer the gas check design.

Would the 180 gr or 200gr be better for the above guns. Since I am novice at this, give me some advice.

Thanks,

Centex Bill

Banner Sponsor

Boolit Master
    OooooBoy, How soon we gonna hav'ta ante up? I wanted one of these last time and didn't have the dinero, now I've opened my mouth on the 44 cal mold and then this comes up. Hanging around with you guys is gettin' downright 'spensive. Iffn I hadta choose, I'd choose this one, LeftoverDJ sent me a sample and these flat SHOOT from my Maximum Handi Rifle. I plan on stoppin a deer with one this coming season.

Jeff, seems you're a bit more than dancin' around with the idea of castin' and such. Do a few of us need to send you some droplets from the Silver Stream so you can get yourself a real hankerin' going on?

Boolit Master
    a 200gr cast would be just as nice too.im going to be shooting this boolit in a 357max Contender and with that 200gr boolit i would have a heavy hitter.nothing wrong with that.these contenders are a hand rifle not a pistol.thats what i call them,

we better vote on this.
    what you all think?180 or 200 mold?

Boolit Master
    that might be a good idea John.i will PM you or leftoverdj over on Graybeards sometime

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jeff223
    that might be a good idea John.i will PM you or leftoverdj over on Graybeards sometime
    Jeff, you can do a PM here also. Just put your curser on the persons handle to the left of the post and a drop down menu shows up. Select send a PM and there you go. You have a PM site that will also store up to 50 sent and recieved messages for you.

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Thumbs up

thanks for info.i checked it out.i will just do the PMs here

Boolit Master
    a 200gr cast would be just as nice too.im going to be shooting this boolit in a 357max Contender and with that 200gr boolit i would have a heavy hitter.nothing wrong with that.these contenders are a hand rifle not a pistol.thats what i call them,

we better vote on this.
    what you all think?180 or 200 mold?
    My vote goes for the 180, three reasons....

First, to change the existing design in any way costs more money.

Second, this bullet shoots, and shoots good for a large group of people.

Third, The 180 will do everything a 200 will do. 20 extra grains of weight ain't make one bounch off and the other a stem to stern penetrator. From pistol cases the 180 is about all that is practical to push, and a 357 in a lever will be limited by it's OAL, so they'll have trouble making use of the heavier bullet anyway. I would think anyone with something like a 35 Rem, 358 Win, or 35 Whelen would be looking for something like a 250 or even heavier bullet, as they have the case volume to actually do something with a true heavy. I've read some awesome velocities for 357 Maximums pushing 200 grainers, but have yet to be able to achieve them. I drive 180's at 2060 from my 22 inch barrel, the best I've done with a 200 has been 1835, when ya run the numbers, the 200 doesn't have enough extra weight to make up for it's velocity loss. I believe the 180 is a better heavy weight for the small cases this bullet is being shot in.

My vote is for leaving things as is and getting an order underway.
    Last edited by JohnH; 04-17-2005 at 09:37 AM. Reason: straighted out some poor English

Why does changing the design cost more? Just curious ......

Oldfeller
    All retired now, just growing tomatoes and building and shooting my guns.

Boolit Master
    John i know the 180gr boolit is the proven one from what all have said about it.the 180gr is fine with me.i think we can get 25 people or more to get these new molds.

LETS DO IT

Boolit Master
    Guess I'm gonna have to sell a barrel, count me in.

Boolit Buddy
    In the hills south of the Kaw river, Kansas
    Jeff223

I'd like to get the 180gr. run again.

Lee should have the drawings and ect. on file from the last run.

Jim
    ...Praise Him all creatures here below...

Boolit Master
    im going to call the Lee company today to see what must be done to get the molds.i also want to get a price per mold too.more info later on

Super Moderator

im going to call the Lee company today to see what must be done to get the molds.i also want to get a price per mold too.more info later on
    .............Been there, done that. Couple times So has several others around. The deal:

1) There is a $100 setup charge and you pay retail for the mould up to 24.

2) Do 25 or more, and they waive the $100 fee.

3) You wantum wholesale? You buy 100 moulds and there is no setup and you pay dealer cost for'em.

4) If you request it, Lee will send you a FAQ sheet about what they can and cannot do, re: Boolit mould making. They give the lengths and diameters of boolits that their 1, 2 and 6 cavity blocks can handle.

5) Even though they are more expensive, if your design will fit the 6 cavity blocks, it's a good way to go. The 6 cavs are 10 times the mould of the 1 or 2 cav jobs.

If you call Lee, you will speak to a nice lady who doesn't know anything about cutting moulds, except for the prices which she will read off a piece of paper to you. Or she will suggest that they send you their FAQ sheet.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Bub

357 Lee 180 FN

Count me in on this deal.

BlueSmoke

Banner Sponsor

It doesn't cost anything to change the design. There are folks here who can do the CAD drawing.
    You can copy and print the pic that I attached and send it to LEE if you want. Most of the time an email order has worked well for me.
    If you pay up front, then LEE gives you a 2% discount.
    I would be up for doing another run, but I only have a couple weeks of school left and hope to be an official Engineer soon.
    After that I can run more orders if people want.

Talking Count me in on this too please.

I've been hoping to find something like this for my little .357, help to alleviate its inferiority complex!

I've never been involved with something like this before...do I need to send you a check now or will you email everybody when you want the money?

Thanks,
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Boolit Master

Talking

start sending in the money
    lets get thing going please and thankyou

send payment to:

Jeff Bowne
    1183 Haynor Rd
    Ionia Michigan 48846

make sure you send your full name and address and the name of the forum you are using.i have this mold buy all over the net and if you can help me out with this info it will help me keep things straight.

thank
    jeff
    Last edited by jeff223; 04-23-2005 at 11:13 AM. Reason: more info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12