RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Quickload thread

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mehavey View Post
    Yes -- It has a BP estimator
    mehavey,

Thanks... I'm wresting with the purchase.
    The software, so I'm told, will not work on my MAC or may not work on Windows 11.

All in all do you find the program helpful in developing your own loads..?
    My goal is to develop subsonic loads

Thanks

Bob

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rjmelehan View Post
    mehavey,

Thanks... I'm wresting with the purchase.
    The software, so I'm told, will not work on my MAC or may not work on Windows 11.

All in all do you find the program helpful in developing your own loads..?
    My goal is to develop subsonic loads

Thanks

Bob

You can run boot camp or something to get it to work on MAC. I haven’t done it.
    I did buy a copy for my friend for his birthday or Christmas one year. He loves playing around with it and checking it against some of the “old” loads like skeeter or Keith to see how they look.

If you know someone with a non MAC borrow their computer from time to time.

Supposedly Gordon’s reloading tool online is ok too but I haven’t played with it.

Boolit Master

I run it on a MAC with CrossOver

Boolit Buddy
    I run QL on an old HP laptop running Windows 7. That is all I use that computer for. You should be able to find an old computer like that pretty cheap.

I use Apple devices for everything else.
    NRA Lifetime member since 1956, NRA Endowment Member. Reloading since 1954. CBA Member Navy Vietnam Veteran USS Intrepid CVA 11

Boolit Bub
    This is an old thread, but lets see if anyone is watching it.

I have had v3.4 for years. I am not an expert and do not use it as a primary source. I use it as another source and to work parameters with powder/bullet combos not listed in other sources. I am pretty much a data dink when it comes to analyzing data so it does (or did) get used. And yes, I have found multiple anomalies with different powders/calibers/projectiles.

So, here's the issue I am having now. Bought a new computer a couple years ago with windows 10. Quickload still worked just fine. Updated the computer to Windows 11 and Quickload no longer worked. OK, so checking with the vendor, the version I had is no longer supported. Well crud. OK, retirement is just around the corner so I want to be up and running so I ordered the new version. v9 I think? It was just a couple weeks ago. I get it, delete the old Quickload and load the new. It fired right up! Loaded and functioned just fine! I spent a couple evenings looking at new powder/bullet combos (and researching some 30-40 Krag data with powders I have) and was happy as a lark. Then this past Sunday I try to get it to run and all it does is open a small window that identifies the exe file. When you click on OK, it goes away and the program never loads. I have deleted it and reloaded multiple times with the same result. Going backwards isn't working either. Frustrating ...... I have not called the vender yet.

So, two questions ..... 1) Any ideas or recommendations to get it to run? 2) Anyone willing to share some data on 30-40 Krag with 220gr bullets and RL-17, RL-19, RL-16?

Signed .... one frustrated QuickLoad owner ....

Boolit Man
    The way I read it there is a special order update for the early versions of Quick load available from NECO. As for getting it to run on Windows 11 it is a crap shoot. Some get it to run and others don't. When I went to Windows 11 it took a good bit of messing with it to get it going. I had to remove something in One Drive to make it run-don't remember what I removed. Call NECO about the update- google Quick load to find the U.S. supplier for it. Good Luck

Boolit Bub
    Yes, as soon as I get some time I will get them on the phone and see if we can get it running again. Really doesn't make sense though. It worked fine for 5 days. Used it three evenings of the 5. Then on the 6th it doesn't want to play ...........

Boolit Mold
    I'm a little surprised you were able to run version 3.4 on windows 10. As for windows I can't help you to much because I have been running linux os on my desktop's since 2006. I'm in the same camp as rockydoc. I got a used hp laptop that has windows 7 installed only for running quickload version 3.9. That's the only thing that laptop does. One thing though, if you can't work the bugs out of windows 11, you can try and see if you can down grade back to windows 10. Just a thought.

Moderator Emeritus
    There is free software that is similar to Quickload. https://grtools.de/doku.php I have played with it some and am pretty impressed.

This sort of thing with later versions of Windows is why I'm still running XP-Pro. Microsoft doesn't automatically load updates that suddenly disable my software.

Just had to get that off my chest......
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    I have a QL program disk from 2010, I made an ISO image file of the disk and the file runs fine on Windows 10.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -John Adams 2nd POTUS

Boolit Buddy
    sadly the Gordons reloading tool program is a little dead in the water as far a development as the chief programmer "gordon" died about a year ago now and it has not recived updates on the powder models since then, and is missing alot of powders we use in the USA

My guess is that Win 11 had a upgrade done that affects VB programs. QL is even programmed in VB 5.0 to be sure. The developer is in his 80's so my guess is that it will stay in VB 5.0 forever. A Quick fix is to install VM Ware or any virtual machines emulator. Install win 7-10 and run QL on the emulator. It works like a charm!

To find the emulator software read this article: https://www.sysprobs.com/best-free-v...chine-software

Here I'm using VM Ware emulator running Win7:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65x55_130Berger.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	308442
    Last edited by Lars-K; 12-23-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Boolit Master

Can anyone post the updated powder list?
    I haven’t updated since 2020 and I was hoping sport pistol made it on the list.

Thank you!

Hi, you can find the whole pdf file here: https://quickload.co.uk/wp-content/u...pdate-2021.pdf

Boolit Master

Thank you

Good afternoon all, I have a favor to ask. If this is inappropriate or in the wrong spot please feel free to correct me. I was curious if anyone can get me a starting load for a 509gr cast GC with lil gun in a 460 S&W mag 7.5” barrel from QL.

Boolit Buddy
    Does Quickload have data for the 45 Super and 9x25 Dillon cartridges? I want to work up loads with Enforcer for 45 Super and Longshot and AutoComp for the 9x25.

Thinking Quickload will help but don’t want to spend the $155 if the cartridges and powders aren’t in the program.

Thanks, sierra1911

Quote Originally Posted by sierra1911 View Post
    Does Quickload have data for the 45 Super and 9x25 Dillon cartridges? I want to work up loads with Enforcer for 45 Super and Longshot and AutoComp for the 9x25.

Thinking Quickload will help but don’t want to spend the $155 if the cartridges and powders aren’t in the program.

Thanks, sierra1911
    Yes to both.

Even if it didn't, you can create a custom cartridge without much effort.

My copy doesn't have AutoComp powder, but I haven't updated it for several years.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for the quick reply.

sierra1911

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast