WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugliest 03 Crossed With M-1 Garand

Boolit Buddy

Ugliest 03 Crossed With M-1 Garand

This has to be the ugliest critter I have had the displeasure to own. They called me from the shop and said they had a beautiful 03 for me and this is what I got. 03 action and m-1 garand stock and about 3 lbs of acrglass to fill the openings. I should be charging admission to see it and providing glasses. It is a 1941 action and 4 groove barrel and will make a great Sedgley sporter. moodyholler
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 03SPC.JPG  
    Last edited by moodyholler; 03-11-2006 at 09:14 PM.
    WTB single shots.

Banned

Hee, hee... may shoot like a banshee, or make a good boat paddle..

Boolit Grand Master

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Dale53

Super Moderator

...............Here. Hold my beer and lookit whut I can do with thischer Garand stock 8).

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Kind of makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. It better shoot pretty to offset the ugly

Bruce

Boolit Master

For what they spent on glass , they could have bought a decent stock that fit properly .

Johnch
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master
    YIKES Some bubba got turned loose with a file and an idea!

Talking

OK, now this is just plain wrong on so many levels...
    Montani Semper Liberi

Boolit Master
    I dunno but its so ugly that it kinda grows on you like a bad case of poison oak. Definitely done by someone who needs supervision. Let us know how it shoots. Good thing my glasses ain't clean. Frank

Boolit Master

Now thats a gun only a mother ccould love.
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

Here's another

This is Fugly...shouldn't be hard to figure out how she got her name.

There were always lots of laughs and snickers when I took her out. She did know how to shoot, but I just couldn't bear to look at her anymore so off to the gunsmith we went. Now she's been reincarnated as a 35 Whelen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fugly.jpg  
    Maineboy

I'd rather have an ugly rifle that shoots well than a pretty wall hanger that prints patterns instead of groups. You can always put a decent stock on an ugly shooter for a reasonable cost, a lot cheaper than action truing and rebarreling to turn a pretty lead sprayer into something functional.
    I have a rifle they laugh at, but they don't laugh for long.
    So, does it shoot or not?
    Born OK the first time.

Boolit Master
    My first deer rifle was an O3-A3 with a chopped off stock that my Dad bought through the NRA for $10.00. I have the paper work here for any doubters. WOW .... that was 40 some years ago ... how time flies .... I have never killed a deer any deader than what I did with that old '06. Today it still shoots cast boolits into 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards except with a scope sight. It doesn't matter whats on the outside. Hmmmm ... I think I heard that somewhere before.
    Nighthunter

At the local gun club (Oaktree for anyone who cares) there was a bubba'd '03 in the rack for $175. It was missing its sights and the stock had been altered. The pistol grip was created by epoxying on a big chunk of deer antler. The forearm cap was made in a similar fashion. It was the ugliest thing you've ever seen, worse by far than "fugly" or Moodyholler's rifle. I offered them $125 for it but they wouldn't budge. Too bad. The action and barrel looked pretty good.

Banned

That's what it is... a "gun club".

A "gun club' is a place were we gather to shoot targets and the breeze. it has a trap range, skeet towers, a pistol range, a club hous/bar/grill and a pro shop

Banned

-well that's better than wackin' somebody with it..

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Maybe I'm gettin old, but I've taken quite a liking to ugly old guns, bringing them back to life. That stock looks a hell of a lot better than the "plastic" one on my 03a3. At least it's wood!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

Try this'n for size, where's the slag hammer?

I rescued this old Isralei ex WW2 mauser with Nazi markings, not so hot barrel, welded scope mount and bubba'd stock. Why I don't know, but I got it anyway. I don't know if it will shoot and I have more ex mil rifles than I can poke a stick at (all but one have excellent barrels and are in as issued trim. I had in mind that it would make a good starter rifle for a newbie. I have given away three Israeli Mauser which I picked up cheap in the past and got a new guy started and two who had strayed off the path due to financial constraints of raisong a family. No doubt someone will come along and end up getting into hunting with this old rifle. I don't know how (or if) it shoots. I must take it out and give it a run. I've got a thousand or so ex mils sitting around gathering dust.

PS, I've seen worse welds!
    Mick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sarge's mauser and 1892 32 20 Winchester 004.jpg  
    Last edited by Four Fingers of Death; 03-15-2006 at 05:07 AM.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy

Well fellows, I went to shoot it and it has a chamber insert to 308 win. I don't have any components so my smith is gonna see if he can get the insert out and make it 06 again. The comb is so high it will most definitely wreak havoc on my jaw. Thanks for all the comments. moodyholler
    WTB single shots.