Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Dunbar press

Boolit Bub

Dunbar press

I was wondering if any of you guys would know what my dunbar press would be worth. It has both the small and large primer seaters and one shell adapter.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    About ten bucks......where do I send the money?

Well, o.k.........maybe a bit more. Seriously, the Dunbar has developed a bit of collector status in the last few years. The ones I've seen on Epay usually go for close to $100.00 (in good condition) WITHOUT any shell holders or accesories. I'd like to have one myself just because I don't have an "H" style press, but I'd tend to use it rather than just stick it on a shelf to admire!

If you're considering selling it, advertise on here first. I'm sure someone would love to have it.

Boolit Master
    Are you looking for an insurance value or a possible sale?

For an insurance purpose I'd use the price of any decent press currently on the market a "square deal" is a sure winner.

For a sale price? No idea. Collectors stuff is worth what a collector will pay for it on the day he's interested in it and that will vary day to day.

Availabilty of parts will also play a part in pricing. You mention one shell holder, I think the Dunbar was a two die set up? If so finding a second shell holder may be a huge pain, or costly, and both these issues will affect the resale price.

Bear in mind, the current economy makes this a buyers market not a sellers market.

Boolit Bub
    I bought an adapter to use standard shell holders. You need a full set that was sold with the press otherwise. Just needed a ball park . Will probably wait until the economy is better. Thanks guys