Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: NOE molds on sale

NOE molds on sale

NOE has 'in stock' molds off 20%. I am fighting the urge to buy another! Maybe I could sell a couple to justify it, huuuum? Many things are considered a 'disease', boolet casting surely qualifies! hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    I see.
    And I just ordered one last week
    Failure is not an Option

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    I saw the sale email. Went looking for a good wide flat nose design. Something 30-30 appropriate. Useful for hunting...

Didn’t see one. All the flat nose designs I clicked to open looked like a spitzer with the tip clipped off. Saw a round nose hollow point close to what I was after, but the hollow point was out of stock.

Boolit Buddy

The "in stock" part is the catch. I've had a 45 Colt mould in my cart for a year now, just a Keith-type SWC, but in that time it has never been in stock. I've had that same experience with other moulds from NOE. They're great moulds, but the ones I want never seem to be available.
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Boolit Master
    ^^^ Same.

It seems like any time there is a good general purpose mold that sold out Al simply doesn't bother making any more of them. I even contacted them about doing a one-off (something they actually have a product on the web store for). Didn't even get a response by email.... That was months ago....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Buddy
    That's why after buying a lead thermometer from them and seeing the Tel-Tru logo at the bottom, I haven't looked at their molds. I'm just getting back into casting after a number of years away (last time that I cast, WW were all lead and free from the local tire store, donuts and/or beer not needed).

I'm seriously considering an MP mold for the caliber that I cast for most: the H&G #50 button nose wadcutter. See my previous post regarding the difference in price between his mold and that from Lee. Years ago, I had this mold in the Ideal (not Lyman) configuration and my early teen son and I shot hundreds of them each weekend on my buddy's home range (son is now 40, what does that say???)

Boolit Buddy
    I added some items to my cart because they said in stock. I get my package and realize my order is incomplete. I see that my card was charged and notice that on my invoice it says BO? If I had known they are on back order I would have cancelled and gone to someone else. I have read a lot of stories about dragged out delays, but I added items that said in stock? I don't like having my money tied up somewhere else and not knowing when or if I'll ever see my item/s. No tracking number, no courtesy call or email to inform me that certain items on my order were really not in stock, but on back order...just poor communication. I have a couple people who were counting on me to come through for them with their projects, but now I have to face them tomorrow and tell them I failed because it'll just sound like excuses if I tell them what really happened. I won't ever buy from him/them again sale or no sale. I should have known the day I asked him about one of his products and he said he didn't know because he's never used one... So does he actually make any of the stuff or is it just bought somewhere else and resold under NOE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooserco View Post
    That's why after buying a lead thermometer from them and seeing the Tel-Tru logo at the bottom, I haven't looked at their molds. I'm just getting back into casting after a number of years away (last time that I cast, WW were all lead and free from the local tire store, donuts and/or beer not needed).

I'm seriously considering an MP mold for the caliber that I cast for most: the H&G #50 button nose wadcutter. See my previous post regarding the difference in price between his mold and that from Lee. Years ago, I had this mold in the Ideal (not Lyman) configuration and my early teen son and I shot hundreds of them each weekend on my buddy's home range (son is now 40, what does that say???)
    You won't be upset with a purchase from MP, but for maybe not buying another mold to match your first one... I own about a dozen MP molds now. They are works of art in their own right.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    ^^^ Same.

It seems like any time there is a good general purpose mold that sold out Al simply doesn't bother making any more of them. I even contacted them about doing a one-off (something they actually have a product on the web store for). Didn't even get a response by email.... That was months ago....
    This has been my experience too. Out of stock designs that I can't find anywhere else. No response to inquiries about availability...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantviking View Post
    This has been my experience too. Out of stock designs that I can't find anywhere else. No response to inquiries about availability...
    Yup. I hate to say it, as he used to be very active on Cast Boolits, but I've taken my business elsewhere. Not because I dislike him or his products. Just because he never stocks the stuff he makes, and I need, and is completely nonresponsive.

Mihec has my business these days. If I need something Custom, I'll reach out to Accurate.

Boolit Master
    I purchase from multiple mfgs over the years. Saw the sale and couldn't log in or reset my password. Took twice but Al answered as expected. He fixed me up so I could order under my account. Not justifying or implying any comments above but my experience was positive. I will add like all industries Al is having a hard time with workforce. To that as we spoke he did something most won't during the last few yrs he overstocked on material. So as if I understand him he is literally a one man shop currently. I understand like anyone when you want something you want it. Good luck and I appreciate those who have gave us more options than never before.