WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornady Pistol Powder Measure Bushing sizes

Hornady Pistol Powder Measure Bushing sizes

Anybody have some Hornady Pistol Powder Measure Bushings?

I would like to get inside diameter measurements of the holes to various bushings to make my own.

I already have #7,8,9,11 and 13.

Jason
    Last edited by cheese1566; 08-25-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Boolit Master

powder bushings

Hi Jason, Just caught your post, I do have a bunch of bushings (100's), some are from pacific and some home grown and a few with just a pilot hole so you can ream out as you wish, i'll sell em for $3. ea + usps, I can also provide you with a powder chart to show different powder drops.
    Regards, Dave

Thanks,

I did post a WTB for some bushings, but I may retract that now. Would you have a complete set (minus the 7,8,9,11,13) for sale?

I am now looking for hole diameters. I found that some nylon bushings from my local Ace Hdwe fit the measure perfectly. They already have just under a 3/16' hole. I bought 18 of them and started to ream them bigger using a freinds large drill bit index.

I have found the powder chart on the Hornady website.

I wouldn't mind getting some mic measurments though.

Boolit Master

I'll say up front I'm not good at measuring but did these with my dial calipers. As you have some of these maybe you can get an idea from what you measure and what I measured.

#7 .262
    #8 .274
    #9 .278
    #10 .295
    #12 .310
    #15 .346
    #16 .354
    #17 .372
    #18 .378
    #19 .382
    #21 .419

Boolit Master

cheese

can you let us know what the bushings are that you purchased?

The nylon bushings I found were in the screw aisle of my local Ace Hdwe in the small cardboard box assortments of various small stuff.
    These were nylon spacers. They were 1/2" diameter x 1/2" tall and fit the slide bar perfectly. The box I found them with already had holes drilled in them for 3/16" and 3/8" bolts. The cost $.22 each. They had some aluminum ones but weren't the right size. Easier than cutting solid round stock.

The ones on the right are already drilled out, middle ones are Hornady factory, the right ones are before drilling.

So far, I have experimented with a friend's drill bit index that had fractional sizes of 1/32". I made a jig with 1/2" shaft collar mounted to a board. The set screw in the collar holds the nylon spacer in place while drilling (see pic). The collar cost $2.20 and was in the same assortment boxes.. I have not thrown powder with them yet to see what they drop...I would like to experiment with a drill bit that has more of a taper to it and deepen the holes slowly for custom charges.

Also is the measure I modified with a small return spring on the slide bar.
    Last edited by cheese1566; 01-11-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks Mike!

I may need to investigate #'d size drill bits and not fractional...

Cheese,
    McFeeleys screw co has some drill bits which are tapered.
    http://www.mcfeelys.com/search/drill+tapered
    Don't know if they will work for hat you want or not.
    FWIW
    DaveP

Boolit Master

I love my Hornady/Pacific Pistol Powder measure. Use it all the time. I have a bunch of bushings, and have modified some w/Dremel or masking tape, depending on the way I needed to go. But finding out about the nylon bushings is great. One could modify the drilled bushings with a tapered reamer for fine tuning.
    Last edited by Echo; 06-14-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Added tapered reamer comment.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Mold

pacific/Hornady pistol powder measure bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SWANEEDB View Post
    Hi Jason, Just caught your post, I do have a bunch of bushings (100's), some are from pacific and some home grown and a few with just a pilot hole so you can ream out as you wish, i'll sell em for $3. ea + usps, I can also provide you with a powder chart to show different powder drops.
    Regards, Dave
    Hi,
    Do you still have some of those bushings?
    Thanks,
    Harry

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by SWANEEDB View Post
    Regards, Dave

Hi Dave, do you still have those bushings?
    Thanks,
    Harry

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by hbear222 View Post
    Hi Dave, do you still have those bushings?
    Thanks,
    Harry
    Dave, I would also like to know if you still have them available.
    Thanks,
    Arthur

Boolit Bub
    Hello:
    I realize this post im responding to is old but thought id put my measurements of the Pacific pistol brass powder bushings for a complete list for all in future if they needed to make these bushings from the sharon display boxes found at bomgaars and menards as nylon bushings that cost me .59 cents each 5-18-2021
    These nylon bushings im refering to are as already stated above 1/2 inch diameter and 1/2 inch tall and fit perfectly in the measure bar.
    I saw two sizes pre drilled in the box i had looked at and the diameter hole pre drilled was .194" diameter which is smaller than a P-1 bushing and the other size was .257" diameter is so close to a P-6 bushing that its useable as is in my opinion but you decide from my below chart of bushing measurements i got.
    I did notice a previous poster did get some measurements a tad off of mine but when your within .001 to .002 inches id have to say the infos good for doing a bushing.
    Ill also point out that the above postees info on bushing 19 DOES NOT AGREE WITH MY MEASUREMENT AND I MEASURED THREE TIMES CAME UP WITH .389" Not his .382" he measured so be aware and go from there and you decide.
    Maybe drill his .382" diameter and weigh it out as to drop then if not matching charts drop by short weight then drill .389" ??????

P-1 = .207" / P-2 = .216" / P-3 = .227" / P-4 = .240" / P-5 = .253" / P-6 = .256" / P-7 = .262" / P-8 = .275"
    P-9 = .279" / P-10 = .296" / P=11 = .302" / P-12 = .312" / P-13 = .327" / P-14 = .339" / P-15 = .347"
    P-16 = .356" / P-17 = .374" / P-18 = .380" / P-19 = .389" / P-20 = .401" / P-21 = .419" / P-22 = .429"

As added confirmation on bushing #19 i have now measured three different bushings all three #19 and all three are .389" diameter so id say thats absolutely correct for #19
    NOT .382" above other postee posted. (5-20-2021)

Head Shot
    Last edited by Head Shot; 05-20-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I cut some 1/2" brass rod to 1/2" and drill. Need to get my drill chart and see the numbers/letter sizes for those.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Bub
    Hello:
    Just as an added thought and option dont forget to check out reamers normally used on lathes to maybe get exact size if drill bits dont line up.
    Drill out close with drill bit and run reamer through as final size
    Head Shot

Boolit Mold
    If anyone is still interested in obtaining bushings for a Hornady Pacific Pistol Powder Measure. Go on line And visit
    Aluminum Spacers .Com They have aluminum spacers 1/2 dia. X 1/2 lg. with a 3/16 dia. pilot hole. You must purchase lots of 25 and they cost aprox $1.30 each. I just purchased an order and they work great.

Thanks ! I used the nylon ones from the hardware store but aluminum would be better. There were some originals on eBay for the crazy price of around $25 each.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought some of these and used a mini lathe to bore the in 1/16 increments from 1/4 up to as thin as I could (I don't think I made it quite to 31/64........). Of course they don't match the Hornady table, but it's easy enough to figure it out. I haven't used them much since I picked up the measure as I regularly load on a Dillon and only occasionally use a pistol measure.

https://www.widgetco.com/14-by-1-2-i...CABEgJTbfD_BwE

JW

Boolit Mold
    Saw the ones on e-bay the prices were absolutely insane, and someone purchased them. There are much better solutions out there, you can use the aluminum or nylon ones which ever you prefer, search on line or flea market for inexpensive machine shop tools, (drills, reamers) and run your drill faster or slower, that will give you your finished size, if you want to be that precise. I have made quite a few using the aluminum bushings, some match Hornady sizes, other sizes for powders not on the Hornady chart but they all work well. I use my powder measure frequently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast