Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felix Lube ?

I use LLa and/or my homemade blend of lithium axel grease/parrafin @ 50/50, both at over 2000fps in my 303 Brit. I recently discovered a new ingredient that seems to make it even better. To about 8oz. of lube, I add 1 teaspoon of (no kidding here,) chicken fat! It seems to soften the lube and when the rifle is fired, all sorts of smoke and smells are present : automotive grease, smoky wax, and oddly enough, KFC ! Seriously though, I have never had leading with 3 different molds for the same rifle using my lube or LLA, regardless of boolit design.

" Better is the enemy of good enough"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by burch View Post
    WOW, they really do have everything ya need. Accually i`ve picked up everything I needed and have my first batch cooling as we speak. I noticed it`s pretty sticky. I`m wanting to pan lube since that`s all I have to work with. If I need to add a little parafine ( I think I spelled that right ) How much should I add to a single batch ?
    As little as it take to make it act as you wish..too much paraffin will ruin ya if you are trying for bughole groups. Small amounts are ok, but I personally do not like alot of paraffin in a lube..some do..I do not.

Push through sizing and then pan lubing is not a ("budget only method") ..I do this with some of my looooong skinny boolits....I have everything to lubrisize a boolit but....it gives me smaller groups in some instances...so i do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12