Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Stevens side by side

Stevens side by side

Does anybody remember a thread about bushing firing pin hole in a side by side break action shotgun? Or, does anybody have any experience with this?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

In Remebrance

Many of the older gunsmithing books cover bushing FP's. IIRC the big thing is determining if there's enough meat to do it in the first place. I've done Savage 24's and Mausers using a fine threaded insert and lock tite.

Thanks so much. My son-in-law has one (Stevens) and he wants me to bush the firing pins (ugly holes!).
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

Boolit Master
    Weld them closed and re-drill easier?

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by dubber123 View Post
    Weld them closed and re-drill easier?
    That's an option if you can control the heat. With todays wire feed welders it might be far easier than me trying it with my old stick welder. Cleaning and reshaping the backside is the hard part.

Boolit Master
    I know of several gunsmiths who bush the firing pin holes on bolt guns, but none who do it on shotguns. I reckon the principal involved is the same. In fact, I anticipate having a couple of bolt guns done once I return to the States.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't yet have the gun at present, so if and when I do I'll have to get a better look at it.

Moderator Emeritus

Had mine, welded & redrilled, simple, easy, and it worked. ( all things I like)
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger