Is this a good idea?

Shooters

I have a question

Is this a good idea?

Clint

http://www.hiltsmolds.com/LeadMeltingEquipment.htm
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

AZCOYHUNTER--I would think that gizmo you posted the link to would be slow and tiring. You gonna have to set it down when you cut your sprue and pick it back up---extra steps. Probably be good for intended purpose of casting a few jigs,but for a bunch of bullets,I'd spend a few more bucks and get a bottom pour Lee.

Thanks Carpetman

Sometimes I need somebody to put me back into reality, I love "gizmos" but sometimes they are not of much use.

Clint
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

Is this a good idea?

It would probably be ok to use as a back up to your Lee to keep it topped up and prevent interupptions. I prefer to drop some lead into the pot when the level drops and spend a bit of time doing something else, emptying the bullets out of the catcher, stretching, walking about giving my back a break, etc. Work out a system and your casting will be seamless anyway.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Key words:

The most economical way to pour jig heads & sinkers! This little powerhouse melts 4lbs of lead in 5 minutes, and then keeps the lead at the proper temperature...

Might be great for some one casting up a few fishing jigs or sinkers, but I do not think so for bullets!

Just my humble opinon.

Drew
    Big Bore = 45+

Super Moderator

...............Four pounds of lead equals about 130 common 45 cal peestol boolits. That's is you drained it to the dregs. Not so bueno.

Now if you used it to melt lead for adding to your 20 pounder, THEN it might make sense.

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance