Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Wideners
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a least favorite cartridge for reloading?

Boolit Buddy
    22 hornet, i managed to always mash those cases.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    Heyyyy! I love loading the little hornet! If you saw how I do it you would laugh!

Or if I want to load without the 'paper cup', I place a cardboard wad over the powder charge then compress the powder and size the neck with this tool.

303Guy, what's the purpose of the paper with a jacketed bullet? Are you using .223" bullets in a .224" bore?

I love loading for my Hornet. I load them long for my #1, only about .2" of the 40gr bullet in the case, and use A1680 powder which completely fills the case at 14.5gr. I use a full length sizer die but only size the neck, about one caliber's length, the body isn't touched, and case lube is optional.

I disliked loading for my 7mm Mag, because it used so much powder; realized I could do the same things with my 30-06 with less powder, and sold the 7mm.

Anything weatherby with those GD double radius shoulders. BUCKLE Double BUCKLE bs.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Mold
    I had alot of trouble with .30 Herrett, should have went with a contender 30-30 barrel instead. I don't want to be sacreligious, but the 45-70 has been the worst. I lose more cases than with any other caliber, and have had bullets seat in case crooked. Not so bad after getting dies set perfect, but worse than any other rifle round I've loaded for. Just my twocents.
    Woody
    Never underestimate stupid people in large groups.

Being I only reload two: 30-30 & 30-06

Nope, I like them both. the crimp is an extra step, but its countered by the fun factor in shooting the Marlin.
    Last edited by Lead Fred; 07-11-2009 at 02:54 AM.

Boolit Bub
    really dont mind any of them but I hate the lube,size,clean lube off stage for rifle cases oh and the 7.62x25

Boolit Master
    .30 Herret, size down 30-30, cut neck to trim, check space on shoulder by "feel", load, and fire form the brass, clean, resize and reload. Reject rate about 20%. Bought a 7-30 Waters barrel for that Contender.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Mold

Unhappy hate reloading

My dislove is the 9mm. Too short to handle easy and anything smaller is on the no-no list also. Favorite is the 38sp/357mag. along with the 45 colt.
    I might add that I am no longer casting my own as I now have lung cancer and not allowed to sniff the smokie smell.

6mm TCU. Reforming .223 brass is easy just run it in the resize die and neck it up, being very careful not to set the shoulder back even a smidge, which will result in case head separation. The pain comes after fireforming. This case is nearly straight walled. It only tapers .007 from case head to shoulder. No matter how I lube I seem to lose about one in twenty to a stuck case when I resize fireformed cases. I really need a dedicated neck sizer as I'm now running these up into a FL die backed off a 3/4 turn. Love round. It's a death ray on PDogs with Hornady VMax. But a real pain to load for. Really looking forward to trying cast in it. RD
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA

.223 remington, don't much enjoy shooting it, and I don't particularly like loading for it. Don't dislike it either, I just really don't have much use for it. I'd rather have a 22 hornet
    "Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard, why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can"
    -Mel Gibson in The Patriot
    "Cornbread and butter beans and you across the table. Eating beans and making love as long as I am able."
    -From a song by Blue Eyed Girl

Hey claybird Hate to hear the bad news!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    The .204 Ruger, it would shoot, I hated reloading for it so much it's gone. Honestly (no offense to all of you 20 lovers) just can't see what I can do with that I can't with anything with a second digit 2.

Boolit Master

Mouse gun calibers - anything .45 and under.

(But I reload 'em anyway.)
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

50 AE only because of the cost.

Boolit Mold
    9mm Makarov, only because I had to make cases from the 9mm Para for a while until brass came on the market

Boolit Grand Master

25ACP, What a waste and PIA!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Grand Master
    my least favorite is the 475 Linebaugh or the 500 Linebaugh
    they are my least favorite because I don't have one yet
    but in all honesty it would have been the 19-223 sheesh
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Banned

9mm and 22 Hornet. The cases are too little for my level of finger dexterity. I don't load either cartridge anymore.

Boolit Master
    eh, of the calibers I dislike, the 223 rem with plain based j-words is likely the most diffcult.. boat tails are way easier..

357 herrett case forming was a pain, but I still liked it. That 's as bad as it gets. Most of the frustrating stuff is me fouling it up.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>