MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Buckshot's sizing dies

Thumbs up Buckshot's sizing dies

I've never ordered anything custom for my casting / reloading equipment before. Being unable to find any boolit size dies in .269 for a 6.5x52 project I've been playing with I turned to Buckshot for some help. I got the die that I had ordered in the mail today. For my $23 I received a sizing die, a hardened punch, and a test boolit that measured exactly at the .269 that I requested with my order. The workman ship put into it was IMO outstanding! I pressed on a couple of gc's on some #266469's and checked the diameter. It, like the test boolit was exactly .269. To say that I am pleased with what I received would be an under statement.

Just wanted to share.

Thank you Buckshot!

Nora
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized_die 2.jpg   Resized_boolit diameter.jpg  
    If you don't have the time to do it right, when are you going to find the time to fix it?

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Have purchased 3 Lyman type sizer dies from Buckshot. All three are dead nuts on size.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Grand Master

Looks Great Nora,
    Anxiously awaiting the sizer I ordered from Buckshot. Had no doubt as to the quality.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master

I've now gotten four Lyman sizing died from Buckshot. Only used two of them so far, haven't even had time to open the package with the other two.

Thanks, Rick
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

+1 for Buckshot's sizing dies.

I just got a .366 Lyman sizer die from him (came in the mail yesterday) for my 9x18 makarov boolits. Boolits come out of the sizer at just a hair over .366, perfect!

Thanks Rick!

Boolit Master

Seems Buckshot has been busy of late. Maybe that's why he doesn't post as much lately...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Grand Master
    I haven't stopped by The Buckshot Amalgamated Foundryworks & Reloading Emporium for a while, but it appears that Rick is staying busy and off the streets/out of the bars.

I have H&I sizers from Buckshot, Mountain Molds, Lyman, Stilwell, and RCBS in my tool drawers. Rick's sizers are best of breed by a considerable margin, and I would rank the tooling quality in the order listed above. Rick's top punches using epoxy for form-fit are ingenious and VERY effective, providing no-mar sizing for odd-shaped boolit points.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't forget about his top punch's either. All work is top notch, reasonable cost and very prompt delivery. Oh! and when you get him on the phone you will find an instant friend even though he is from CA
    Carroll

Boolit Buddy
    How do you get in touch with Him?
    Still In business?
    Thanks<
    TF

Boolit Grand Master

No, Rick retired for the second (third?) and final time a couple of years ago. Lathesmith is, I believe, the go to guy now.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I believe some portion of Buckshots tooling now resides with Ammohead . He's doing it as a " soon to be retired hobby " basis . He has done a couple for me both H&I and Lee types . I needed a .272 , that's what I received .
    Just send him a PM , he spends a lot of time hunting so September to November sees him in the field more than at home .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .