WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Lube question, I think I am going to try it.

Lube question, I think I am going to try it.

I am going to attempt to make my own lube. I am trying to decide whether to try Felix lube or go simple and make Speed green with a little carnauba added. I have read the threads about Felix lube and I am a little intimidated about it. Should I be? Does someone have a picture of what it should look like? I have searched here and Google and can’t find one. Also do any of you actually make hollow stick molds for it or just melt and pour? I have used other lubes that burned in the microwave and I don’t want to have to use the stove just to fill my lubrisizer.

I use nothing but Felix lube in my handguns. It is easy to make with a little care. I pour mine into hollow stick moulds. Have had no sign of leading since I started using it.
    Ron.

FESTINA LENTE

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I've used both. Both work well. Felix lube is probably a bit cheaper in the long run so I go with that. More time consuming but hardly intimidating. The biggest pain is the stirring for half an hour.

In Remembrance
    I make my own lubes--it's something every boolit caster probably ought to do at least once in their casting lifetime. . . just to get an appreciation for what the accomplished lube-makers (Lars and Bullshop immediately come to mind) went through to "discover" and develop their formulas.

When ready to pour, I pour the melted lube through a funnel into my hollow-stick moulds. When the lube has cooled, I use a 1" dowel to push the sticks out. I then wrap them in wax paper then stack them in a tupperware type container.

I keep the different formulas separated, but also distinguish between them by color (add coloring chips and/or dye you can get at a candle-making shop).

Good luck and enjoy.