Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Range time and a Model 94 Winchester 30/30

Boolit Master

Range time and a Model 94 Winchester 30/30

Went out to the range yesterday with my pistols and brought along my Winchester 30/30 to sight that in too with the cast bullet loads I assembled before. Last time I was out to the range I shot some but it was nasty out so I never finished with fine tuneing the peep sight adjustments on the gun so it would shoot POI. 17 grains of 2400 and a Ideal 311407 bullet is a great combination. I was only shooting at 25 yards as the range was busy and that is the part of the range that I and a friend was shooting as the 21 feet and the 15 yard pistol targets are there too. All three ranges 7 yards,15 yards and 25 yards are in one area of the range. I was really happy with the way this combination shot I had several 3 shot cloverleafs and the rest were in nice tight clusters. Looks like a found a winner my gun likes.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Buddy
    jh45gun,
    I have 3 or 4 rifles that love that load of 2400 with both cast boolets and jacketed !
    They are .30-30, .30-06, .35 Rem. and .358 Win. They should be doing around 1500-1600 fps. give or take. Nice mild accurate load !

Hip

Boolit Master

You sure they are not doing better than that in a 30/30?
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.