Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: loading for the 43 Mauser/ 11mm Mauser

Boolit Buddy
    Says who ? Did a lot of research on the net and in old books. Never heard of difference in loads between the 1871 and 1871/84 !

Super Moderator

...............The only difference in loads is boolit OD. The M71 used a .451" slug and the M71/84 repeater took a .446" slug. Both dimensions are nominal as called for, and subject to manufacturing tolerances.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ...............The only difference in loads is boolit OD. The M71 used a .451" slug and the M71/84 repeater took a .446" slug. Both dimensions are nominal as called for, and subject to manufacturing tolerances.

..............Buckshot
    Is the load the same ?

Super Moderator

...........Same case dimensions basically. Same (supposedly) .433" land diameter. Just a shallower groove for the repeater.

....................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Mold
    Are you shooting w/Black Powder or conventional rifle powder? I have a 43 Mauser. I use a 45-90 case with 33 grains of IMR4198 smokeless powder. I use a 346 gr lead bullet. I have only shot at the shooting range, for the fun of it. If you have done a lot of testing w/loads what is the load that shoots the best for you?

Boolit Buddy
    Slugged my bore, did a chamber cast. I use 12.5 GR of Unique. Paper patch a 346gr bullet after downsizing it to .435" ans patch it up to .448". I get 1.5" group at 50 yards. Removed rear sight for a mauser 98k Bsquare scope base and put on a 3x9 scope.

Boolit Mold
    I am using the iron sights that are factory on the rifle. The holes overlap at 25 yards

I think it was 75 grains. Only two loads I’ve heard of for 43 Mauser. You got em both.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345