Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MidwayUSA rocks!

Boolit Buddy

MidwayUSA rocks!

I just placed an order about an hour ago for my .44 mag mold and some brass and other things and it has already shipped!!!!!!!! And this is Saturday!!!!
    Ok, time to get to smelting!!!! I have to get ready to make some 44 slugs!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Sometimes, Midway is not the absolute best price, but, I feel good dealing with them.
    They stand behind their products.
    Maybe they are just a tad higher, I am satisfied.

Uh, yeah. I ordered a mold, a taper crimp die, some 1911 magazine base pads, and a pistol rotor and mic for Hornady's powder measure. It took about 41 hours from time order was placed(1:00am Wednesday morning) to Thursday afternoon(6pm) to get to me. Time would have been shorter had I orderd later in the morning and if UPS wasn't such a pain in the bumpkiss to do business with.

I've had a set of Lyman 380 dies on backorder since the beginning of Feb with Midway. Today I found a set of RCBS dies at the gun show (for $20), look next to brand new. I called Midway and cancelled my backorder. The rep was really nice. Looked for some .243 bullets for me (no luck in 100gr). Turns out the 380 CP bullets I was also waiting on will ship now that I'm not waiting on the dies. I have always been happy with Midway. Most everyone is backordered on stuff. The price might be a buck or 2 more, but I have had the best luck finding most of my shopping lists in one place there.
    "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. " - Thomas Jefferson

"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots." - John Adams

I agree snaggdit. I had the mold that I ordered on my wishlist since Jan. I didn't wait once it was available.

Boolit Buddy
    Yea, I have found out that is you do not order ASAP when it becomes available you are gonna be out a luck!

+1 for Midway

I ordered items from both Miday and Midsouth on Wednesday as neither had everything I wanted. Both orders landed Friday but I cannot say one has any advantage over the other. Midway's prices are higher but they do have a bigger selection.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Buddy
    Midway has never same-day shipped anything I have ever ordered. It usually takes at least 48 hours, and they charge a lot for shipping. Plus they charge more for product than any competitor except Cabelas. On the upside, they stock a lot of items.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Midway is not a sponsor here, but that's the honest truth.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    I can top that story, I ordered last week, it was on Wednesday at 8am, 38 seconds after I clicked the mouse it was delivered, they split shipped my 9 items in 10 boxes and charged me $12.95 per box, but DAMN was it fast.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Buddy
    Willbird now that's just not true is it?

But I will say that just last night I made an order and within about 38 seconds it was confirmed.

last night i ordered a 20# lee pot, and lyman 4 cavity handles
    both are backordered, but it confirmed in minutes
    hope to have the pot in a week or so.......mabey a month for the handles
    waco
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master
    I'm not quite happy with Midway at present... I ordered a caliper on special back in late January along with a mold and handles. The caliper shipped, but the savings on the item were more than erased by a ridiculous shipping charge.
    Now it's the end of March, I still don't have my Lyman .38/.357 mold or the handles... And last week they showed the mold in stock, now it's out again, so I don't know what's happening.
    I'll be happy to see the mold when it comes in, but I'm less than pleased right now.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom
    Last edited by Tom Herman; 03-29-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master
    The $hipping has seen me move some to graft and sons . not as fast but easy on the wallet.
    I bought 303 brit brass from midsouth at about half the price of midway.
    But all in all I like em all. Midway does give us Wednsday night at the range on the outdoor channel.
    I guess I have came to spread it arround some kind of thinking. Keeps the compitition strong and helps keep em all honest to a point....Buck
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance
    My biggest beef with Midway is their ridiculous shipping charges and policies, along with the nasty little habit of something suddenly going on backorder, then getting shipped out the following day for a whole new shipping charge. I've had that happen on several occasions and I called them up about it. Was polite, but in no way did they mistake my unhappiness. Got the charges "reduced" and credited back to my card.

Last order I did with them, I found out that the actual shipping cost from UPS was less than $7 and I got charged over $15--and that's not taking into account the discount they get for volume business with UPS.

If it weren't for their Congressional-like shipping policies/prices, I'd probably be one of their biggest fans. Great catalogue, great website, great selection, great customer service.

Midway has no molds at all in stock and their website is not working right. If you click on any category you only get 1 page of items. Most of the molds are missing. Cant even get to them. I agree I have had decent luck in the past, but when they only have a few 1 cavity molds in stock I am going elsewhere.

Boolit Buddy
    A couple years ago I ordered some 20:1 certified alloy, and when it arrived I noticed it was half what I had ordered. I checked the packing slip to see if the remainder was shipped in another box or backordered, and nope, it was a short order. I called Midway, and the rep apologized and no questions asked shipped the remainder of the alloy to me. Great customer service I think. I know some folks think they're a bit high priced and some have been jilted a time or two, but I honestly believe they are trying to put the customer first with a good selection of products and great service. I'll never order anything from Cabela's again. I have too many issues with them to even begin on this thread.

Regards,
    Bill
    America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within. Joseph Stalin

"Hope" is not a strategy.

Life member NRA
    US Navy Retired
    NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol, Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Range Safety Officer

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by dwtim View Post

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Midway is not a sponsor here, but that's the honest truth.
    even if they were, I can tell you this site wouldn't censor your post. That's not how management here conducts themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by supv26 View Post
    I just placed an order about an hour ago for my .44 mag mold and some brass and other things and it has already shipped!!!!!!!! And this is Saturday!!!!
    Ok, time to get to smelting!!!! I have to get ready to make some 44 slugs!!!!!!
    i hate to bust your bubble, but in all probability they are on a ups trailer, sitting on midways dock till monday am.
    or the same if shipped usps

check the tracking number if a ups shipment.
    now, i still like midway for some items
    never order unless it is in stock.
    i have posted before, ordered monday rec'd on wed......

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

I just ordered 2 44 Lyman molds from Graft, in stock. Cant even get to them on Midways website. Up to now I have used Midway all the time. Anyone else having trouble with the page thing on Midways site?