Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midway better enjoy it WHILE THEY CAN

In Remembrance

Angry Midway better enjoy it WHILE THEY CAN

:takinWiz: on Midway!

As everyone knows, backorders are a way of life--especially with Midway. I've been keeping my eye out for several things I've been both needing and wanting. Been watching all the mail order houses (MidSouth is my favorite, Midway is so-so to my least favorite, and F&M just plain vacuums worse than a 50hp shop vac).

Find a Lee mould that is now available at Midway that I've been waiting forever and a day for. Go to check out and find that they've upped their "minimum order" amount from $20 up to $25.

Cranks me off, so I go searching everywhere else on the internet, but can't find this mould. Go back to Midway. Add just enough piddly items to get it barely over $25. During this time, I'm also placing an almost identical order with Midsouth.

Total them both up, and Midway is about 18% higher SIMPLY ON SHIPPING AND HANDLING, plus Midway is about 10% just on cost alone!

It galls the living Land of the Devil out of me when I have to buy from that bunch of freaking crooks.

Just as there are a bunch of sorry-muled employers who better enjoy the "bad economy" based on how they're treating their employees, places like Midway that can and do gouge sure better enjoy this while they can. I'm getting sorely tempted to do WITHOUT before I spend another $%"&# dollar at Midway.

:takinWiz: on them.

Boolit Master
    I've personally had good luck with them. Seems like whenever I go to look for a particular item to buy they are cheaper then the majority, and well under Suggested Retail.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    I've personally had good luck with them. Seems like whenever I go to look for a particular item to buy they are cheaper then the majority, and well under Suggested Retail.
    Yeah, but aren't you also the same guy who has an accurate AK-47?

I think you were conceived under a charm tree and born under a lucky star. Maybe you should be buying all of our lottery tickets?

I think I was conceived on Friday the 13th, and when my momma went into labor and my daddy rushed her to the hospital, they ran over several black cats that were crossing their path along the way. When I was born, the doctor took one look at me and slapped my face instead of my butt, and I shrieked so loud it caused seven mirrors to break in the delivery room. As they were rolling me and my momma back to her room, the orderly wasn't paying attention and rolled us under a ladder as the final insurance to guarantee me a life of perpetual challenges. . . .

Recluse, MidSouth has always been cheaper than Midway IMHO. I have never bought anything from Midway that I can find at MidSouth, price and shipping as you said, but this didn't just start. Reloading supplies in general have been this way for a while.

Midway is taking advantage while they can, no argument from me for sure! But so are a LOT of other middle men in this business while they have the stick!!

The sun does not shine in the same dog's a-- forever...
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

Boolit Master

Graf and sons is really good!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post

I think you were conceived under a charm tree and born under a lucky star. Maybe you should be buying all of our lottery tickets?

I think I was conceived on Friday the 13th, and when my momma went into labor and my daddy rushed her to the hospital, they ran over several black cats that were crossing their path along the way. When I was born, the doctor took one look at me and slapped my face instead of my butt, and I shrieked so loud it caused seven mirrors to break in the delivery room. As they were rolling me and my momma back to her room, the orderly wasn't paying attention and rolled us under a ladder as the final insurance to guarantee me a life of perpetual challenges. . . .

Ha ha ha ha pretty freakin' but you seem to have forgotten that the oderly rammed a salt truck on the way back to your mommas room and spilled 2 tons of salt all over the street
    The artist formerly known as Wiking

Boolit Master
    midway has always treated me good customer service wise.

Boolit Master
    With Graf and Sons I find the price is a bit higher, but I save far more on the shipping. Consequently they get most of my business.

I like em all but it seems to me that Midsouth is usually a little cheaper. Your not paying for their fancy website and TV advertising. A lot of folks don't like Midsouth cause they say its hard to find stuff on their website. I agree but have started to just use the search function or have the catalog at the computer desk.

Midway does have excellent customer service and ships really quick but then again so does Midsouth.
    "A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Midsouth Shooters is who I use most of the time. Like everyone else, I don't care for Midway's highway robbery shipping prices.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Banned
    For those that do not have one yet, a C&R FFL gives you dealer pricing at all places mentioned int his thread...

Boolit Buddy
    I quit buying from Potterfield. He knocks a buck off an item and thinks he's giving you a deal. He also makes money on your shipping charges. He's worked hard to build the business and deserves to reap the rewards, but he's gone a bit too far, to the point of being greedy in my opinion.

DON'T ever order anything that is put on back ordered from MidWay !! If you have only one item B/Oed because they WILL NOT notify you that your item is in so you can add to the order and save on S&H. They say their system isn't set up to do that YET they spam your e mail with every bigger and better deal they come up.
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Master

IMHO, it seems that Midway is keeping their inventory down. I have noticed, especially in the last 9 months, that MANY things are not in stock...."back order ok". In my case, I usually get my order really quickly, if it is in stock from Midway. I hate the minimum being bumped up to $25, but I do understand the reality of business shipping. Midsouth could use a little better layout on their web page but I've become accustomed to it now so I usually don't have much of a problem with it. Graf's has a standard shipping cost which in some cases does save money, but their item pricing is higher too. Natchez Shooter supply doesn't have some items I look for and is about in the middle with customer service and shipping costs. SO.......I order from whoever has the best deal for me.
    Not one dealer is the best on all items, in my opinion. Basically I consider it all a genuine PITA, when I have to order a single item!

If I could find a reasonably priced stocking dealer close to home, I'd just drive there. A LOT of "IFS" in my case.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Hey! .......My AK groups really well!!! .......It hits Planet Earth every single time I pull the trigger!

Kent
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    I have never found midway to have the best regualr shipped price on ANYTHING. However now and then they ARE the only people who have an item I want in stock. Their online catalog works pretty good too.

Sometimes their "deals" are, sometimes they are no deal at all (WOW $.77 off a $15 item whooopEEE) hehe.
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master

My pet peeve with Midway is their refusal to take advantage of the USPS flat rate boxes.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just order a couple of Lee moulds from Natchez. Also had them on order from F&M and Factory Sales. F&M said three weeks to ship, factory sales said 4 weeks, Natchez sent it out the day after I ordered. Maybe $1-2 extra, but I will have it a month earlier. Cancelled the other orders.

Boolit Master
    i like peeing on some peoples parades.

shipping is a cost to the seller. it is space in a facility, it is people, it is shipping materials and then there is the actual shipping costs. i cannot run a business if i only charge you the actual shipping costs, i must factor in the rest.( did you notice i DONT do online retail sales anymore??wonder why ?)
    or i could add a "materials and handling" fee, and then just charge actual shipping.

i agree with most on the cost of stuff.

where midway shines for me, is that we are both on I70. i order on monday, rec on wed!

i dont order a lot, but the service( on in stock items) is great....and yes i use a dealer acct with them.

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Mold
    I have a few items stored on my wish list, pending fundage.

I notice that Midsouth was actually cheaper on some items. Problem is, they don't list many of them. I can't save any money putting in an order to each place.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast