Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Cleaning out vent line's.

Cleaning out vent line's.

Hi guys,

I have often wondered how others go about cleaning out the vent lines in their boolit moulds.

For all my years of casting (20), I have used a single edge razor blade, or a disposable box cutter knife with segments you break off as the tip dulls. I would follow the vent lines carefully from the cavity to the edge of the mould block.

Guys, one of the reason's I became a member of this site is to learn. I figure there are other methods that may never have occurred to me in this area.

Let's hear it...*smile*.

Respectfully,

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

hey murphy there is another thread in the casting equipment side that i think is what you are looking for
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=4910
    im not sure if that is what you want

Super Moderator

..............I use a wooden toothpick (aluminum blocks) or a piece of 1/4" copper waterpipe. With the pipe, cut it with sidecutter pliers. This evenly smashes both sides together and also creates a fairly sharp edge. The copper pipe will not harm iron or steel blocks. It may also be used as a kind of a scraper along it's flat edge too.

...................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance