Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: star air pressure lube thing

Banned

star air pressure lube thing

can one be made at home? like a homemade air pressure set up. $100 seems high, the crank the handle works for me but if i can make it or if someone wants to share how or what i need ill try it. thanks and do you got any pics of the real one or home made one? -chris

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Star has a blueprint on their webpage.
    http://www.magmaengr.com/images/drawings/aircyl.gif

The cylinder is probably $20-30 to buy, then an air regulator, and an adapter to fasten the cyl to the top of the lube reservoir. I do not recall if I used the piston from the spring loaded system or they gave you a new piston, I know there is an aluminum adapter that threads on the end of the cyl rod and the piston fastens to that.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Banned

it comes all set up if i recall, i ordered mine with it.
    and have never had any problems.
    the little aluminum thing on the bottom with the squeegie on it doesn't look like the hand crank one i have [still in the bag]

Boolit Master

You can order the air cylinders from McMaster-Carr. And the plunger seal on the bottom has to be taken from the original set-up, it doesn't come with a seal. At least mine didn't that I bought 3 years ago.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    You can order the air cylinders from McMaster-Carr. And the plunger seal on the bottom has to be taken from the original set-up, it doesn't come with a seal. At least mine didn't that I bought 3 years ago.
    That jibes with my memory too. I bought mine 2-3 years ago.
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master
    Springfield, What number is the air cylinder from McMaster-Carr please.....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Quote Originally Posted by colbyjack View Post
    can one be made at home? like a homemade air pressure set up. $100 seems high, the crank the handle works for me but if i can make it or if someone wants to share how or what i need ill try it. thanks and do you got any pics of the real one or home made one? -chris
    I wish somebody here would give us detailed information on how to make this conversion.

With part numbers.

I've a lathe but it is not yet connected, and I need to get my Star up to production levels sooner than I am going to have that lathe online.

tanks

Moderator Emeritus
    Been there, done that….. Here you go! https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...light=Star+air