Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMCD ProductsMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are you paying for primers?

Just ordered 10K Wolf LP primers for $244 delivered.
    Heck, I was glad to get that. Primers are not available in the local gun shops.
    Cliff
    FPD, NRA Lifer, USN retired

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbar4Ranch View Post
    If you think things are bad where you are, check THIS out.

ONE brick of 1000 Federal F215's went for $170, plus $10 shipping, plus $22.50 hazmat... $202.50, delivered, for a thousand primers.

Friday, the local Sportsman's Warehouse had 5 boxes of Federal large magnum pistol primers, 1 box of Federal GM large magnum pistol primers, and maybe 10,000 209 shotshell primers. Six hundred non-shotshell primers, that's it.
    Incredible !!

I would like to have seen the bid history. It isn't listed.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Nothing! Its dry here.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Let's do something about it.
    Does anyone know a venture capitalist?
    I am a tooling designer, I worked for Nosler bullets for 6 years, I'm pretty sure I can design primer cup and anvil making tooling and machines. Then all we need is a chemist and the production machinery. The NRA put out a book many years ago detailing the entire ammunition making process.
    I bet the payback would be less than 6 months on the equipment.
    Something to think about.
    Joe

Boolit Master
    I bought 2000 primers today (CCI small and large pistol) at $ 26.95 a thousand. Also 4lb. can of Unique and 1lb. can of Titegroup, plus a box of Hornady 85 grain XTP's for my .327 Federal. Needless to say I am thankful and was surprised that they had anything in stock. I had called four or five times before this and was told they had nothing I wanted. I walked in today and they had everything on my list (that I could afford). The guy who helped me did say that they had no small or large rifle primers and no Varget. The shelf with all the boxes of bullets was virtually empty. I guess I got lucky today. That or the Lord was looking out for me.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

CB4017 was kind enough to forward a link to Widener's. They have only Wolf's large pistol primers in stock, at $21 a thousand. I purchased 50k from them yesterday. They do charge $22.50 hazmat and freight is rather expensive. On my order of 10 sleeves, I was charged $45 hazmat & $56.93 shipping. A little bit unfair I think. But, at least they have them (for now).

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|284|737
    Last edited by Ron B.; 03-10-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: correction

Boolit Buddy
    Just picked up another 5000 Winchester small pistol primers for $25.00 per Thousand. From a local gun shop.
    Jack
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

shortage

read the post here and then tell me the gov is buying to make a shortage.multiply
    this site by 1000s and that is why there is a shortage.the plants were designed to produce X amount and now there is a call for XXXXXX.and you wonder?? I have never seen so many new reloaders.I grew up when there were few reloaders and had to teach myself how to load.god helps fools and new reloaders.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWILDCATT View Post
    read the post here and then tell me the gov is buying to make a shortage.multiply
    this site by 1000s and that is why there is a shortage.the plants were designed to produce X amount and now there is a call for XXXXXX.and you wonder?? I have never seen so many new reloaders.I grew up when there were few reloaders and had to teach myself how to load.god helps fools and new reloaders.
    Bingo
    And the companies will and should not add plants, employees and/or work overtime either, it would be and is economically a mistake to do such as regardless of the outcome of this, whatever this is, is temporary.

Boolit Buddy
    I am paying about $32 per thousand for Winchester here when I can find them

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRoyBoy View Post
    CB4017 was kind enough to forward a link to Widener's. They have only Wolf's large pistol primers in stock, at $21 a thousand. I purchased 50k from them yesterday. They do charge $22.50 hazmat and freight is rather expensive. On my order of 10 sleeves, I was charged $45 hazmat & $56.93 shipping. A little bit unfair I think. But, at least they have them (for now).

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|284|737
    i think i'd go ask for half of the charges back.
    10 sleeves will go in one shipment, one hazmat.
    its how powder valley ships.......
    did you order something besides the primers ?

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Hello Mike!
    Actually, yes I did! Widener's did miscalculate HazMat; but the shipping, so they claim is correct.

GRB

Boolit Master

Bass Pro near me has primers for $5.99 a hundred!?!?!?!?!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Bass Pro; primers, $5.99 PER HUNDRED?
    That's unreal; you better hop, skip, and jump right over there!

What sizes?
    Locally, the dealers price each size differently.

I justed visited Bass Pro's main web site.
    They only have primers listed for black powder, and shotshells.
    Still, a very attractive price! Here's the link ---

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...&currentpage=1

Good tooting!
    GRB
    Last edited by Ron B.; 03-11-2009 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Added link

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    Bass Pro near me has primers for $5.99 a hundred!?!?!?!?!
    That's more than double for what I pay. $2.25 for CCI is about normal at present. If I order 5000 and pay the Hazmat of 22.50 it still only figures out to be around $2.70 per hundred plus shipping. I usually make bulk orders so I’ll order 10,000 or so primers and a stock of powder all on the same order. I only have to pay one Hazmat and shipping fee so I come out pretty good. Sounds like BP is price gouging.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    $27 to $30 a thousand. Depends where you shop. The mad rush to buy everything in site has caused a panic that will take time to go away. Remember $4.85 gal diesel not long ago. Just paid $1.95 more in line with where it should be.Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Bass Pro does the same with lead shot. It's going for $40 a bag late last year and BP was getting $60. Nothing like being greedy and helping with the downfall of this country.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

I'm not a ShotShell reloader. At first glance, compared to what I've had to pay recently for centerfire primers Bass Pro's price didn't look bad! However, after reading you guy's comments, I did some checking! You are right; outrageous! Widener's is selling Winchester shotgun primers in the, get this ---

$36.00 per thousand range ---

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...ir=278|284|314
    Last edited by Ron B.; 03-11-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: correction

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

$3.60 per thousand range ---
    I think that you meant $36.00 per thousand. Powder Valley has the same primers in stock for $31.00 per thousand.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

I stand corrected!

Thanks!
    GRB