WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMCD ProductsLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for advice or recommendation for 357 & 22LR lever action Rifles

Boolit Buddy
    For a 357 lever...that's a no brainer for me. I'd go with the Marlin 1894C lever. It invokes years of memories with people that are no longer with us....ymmv

Boolit Master
    Here is my take. For the .22, hands down a Marlin 39 with full length barrel, hands down the most accurate .22 lever I have ever had, still got my first one. Even at todays inflated prices. Steel and walnut, nothing else, they are about bomb proof, easy to put a scope on. On the .357 I would go with a Marlin if I had to have a scope, if not I would go with a Rossi 92 or a Uberti/Cimarron. I have had 8 of the Rossi's with no issues, period. I currently have 3, with no modifications, all shoot great, no brass issues, run smoothly, in .357, .44 mag and .45 LC. All of mine have the walnut stock and are 20" barrels. Henry makes a good rifle, but way to heavy and clubby for my tastes.

Boolit Master
    Hi Scooby!
    I really regret selling my 39A but I love both my BL-22's. We use then for Steel Challenge competition.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Quote Originally Posted by shtur View Post
    If you decide to go with an older Marlin, I have a JM stamped Marlin 357 with 18-1/2" barrel that I don't shoot.
    I have decided to go with this rifle, It is identical to the one I had as a kid. I just had an eye exam last month first one since 2002, still have excellent vision, I would like to put a peep site on it.

Also I will be waiting for the right BL22 to show up. Thanks everyone for your input, I have sold to most of you on the s&s form as my Ankylosing Spondylitis and degenerative disc disease get worse I am moving more into the calibers that don't beat me up. 9mm carbine 357 lever, 222, 3006 and 8mm with H5010 and 152 gr pulled bullets, 6.5 cm, shotguns I load 7/8 and 3/4 in 12ga, 3/4 and 5/8 in 20ga, and 410 std 1/2 oz
    Last edited by Scooby; 07-15-2024 at 10:59 AM.

Boolit Master
    Yes, it has always been a pleasure dealing with you! My very best wishes to you!
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!