RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingMCD ProductsInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labradar LX

Labradar LX

Has anyone purchased one of these or seen a Labradar LX being used.

I am thinking of buying either the Labradar LX or the Garmin Zero C1Pro chronograph.
    Would like a review of one or the other or both.

Thanks.
    Marty
    M. Stenback

Boolit Master

The Garmin Xero C1 Pro is THE best chronograph I have ever owned.

It just works. Every time. Without fail.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    The Garmin Xero C1 Pro is THE best chronograph I have ever owned.

It just works. Every time. Without fail.

I'll second that.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know what Labradar was thinking when they are playing catch up but priced their new chrony the same as the Garmin. Why would you pay the same for an unknown chrony from a company that has less then stellar reliability and customer service?

I did notice their chrony has a peep sight built in to align it. That should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by fa38 View Post
    Has anyone purchased one of these or seen a Labradar LX being used.

I am thinking of buying either the Labradar LX or the Garmin Zero C1Pro chronograph.
    Would like a review of one or the other or both.

Thanks.
    Marty
    Get the Garmin! It the size of a pack of cigarettes..includes its own tripod, battery life is awesome. And it's rechargeable. It'll fit in your range bag, and uses blue tooth to connect to your cell phone Garman App. I absolutely love mine.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

I have the Labradar, works fine but can be temperamental to setup. The Garmin seems solid, seen it used at my last big IPA event. Either will do the job.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    I saw a shooter using one at the range just a few days after I read about it in Rifle or Handloader, and I just couldn't believe it even when I saw it in person. The fellow using it was convinced it's the one to have now, and I got the impression he's owned a lot of various chronographs in the past. If I just had to have a new chronograph now I'd definitely get the Garmin for ease of use if for no other reason.

As a Loooooooong-time (Big) LABRADAR user (and still fanboy),
    Garmin has truly produced a winner for a small/quick/convenient/reliable Chrono
    (yeah.... got`em both)

Boolit Master

I've had my LabRadar for a couple of years now. No complaints and, compared to the old-fashioned optical chronos it replaced, the darn thing works slicker'n snot on a doorknob. I might be a little prejudiced toward the Garmin Zero, though, 'cause recent personal experience with a Garmin Venu SQ watch/fitness tracker tells me their customer service SUCKS every bit as badly as when I bought my first Garmin GPS right after they first came on the market!! (Btw, as I type this I'm wearing a Fitbit Versa while the Garmin is gathering dust on the back of bookshelf. Anyone want to buy a Venu SQ...cheap?)

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    I have always used Garmin devices when I wanted a stand alone GPS. Kids use their Inreach products. None of the products we've used have ever given any problems so I've never needed their customer service.

I've used a Labradar for several years and it has performed better than I thought it would and is orders of magnitude better than other types for convenience. For accuracy I'd go with an Oehler and screens.

If I had to buy one now I'd get a Garmin. Or, a discounted original Labradar.

Boolit Grand Master

The OP is asking about the NEW Labrador LX. That is a direct competitor to the Garmin. With fish finders Garmin customer service is nothing to brag about.

https://mylabradar.com/product/labradar-lx/

I have several friends that have the Garmin and they are very happy with it. The Labradar LX is so new I don't know anyone that has received one yet. Online reviews list them as basically equal. Some claim the Labradar LX seems to be a little more robust in construction verse the Garmin. I do know the Labradar LX is made in Canada verse China for the Garmin.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 07-03-2024 at 05:16 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

The OP is asking about the NEW Labrador LX. That is a direct competitor to the Garmin. With fish finders Garmin customer service is nothing to brag about.
    Interesting observation about Garmin Customer service. I gotta say my experience is better. Will have to go back to 2000 or there abouts, but I had a Garman fish finder where the screen came loose and detached into the unit. This happened as a result of my toe/foot pressing on the screen. Regardless of my abuse this happened a few days past the one year warranty. Called Garman and they sent me a brand new unit even though I was past the warranty. That's a good while ago but......
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    Interesting observation about Garmin Customer service. I gotta say my experience is better. Will have to go back to 2000 or there abouts, but I had a Garman fish finder where the screen came loose and detached into the unit. This happened as a result of my toe/foot pressing on the screen. Regardless of my abuse this happened a few days past the one year warranty. Called Garman and they sent me a brand new unit even though I was past the warranty. That's a good while ago but......
    I can't comment on how Garmin deals with individuals. After I retired, I worked part time for 3 1/2 years at a sporting goods store that was an authorized Garmin dealer/warranty return center.

I was in archery and firearms so I did not deal directly with Garmin warranty issue other than the bow sight. The shop would handle the warranty returns. Compared to some other companies they did the same for Garmin warranty was the most challenging and produced some very unhappy customers. That being said that would not stop me from purchase a Garmin if it fits my needs the best.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 07-03-2024 at 06:58 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post

https://mylabradar.com/product/labradar-lx/

I have several friends that have the Garmin and they are very happy with it. The Labradar LX is so new I don't know anyone that has received one yet. Online reviews list them as basically equal. Some claim the Labradar LX seems to be a little more robust in construction verse the Garmin. I do know the Labradar LX is made in Canada verse China for the Garmin.
    Greetings,

The ones I have seen are made in Taiwan (Capitalist China) not Communist China.

Cheers,

Dave

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fc60 View Post
    Greetings,

The ones I have seen are made in Taiwan (Capitalist China) not Communist China.

Cheers,

Dave
    Thanks for the correction. I have not personally seen either one. Several friends have the Garmin. Not sure where I heard or read that the Garmin's were made in China. I prefer US made but I will purchase non-US if that is the best option.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Just found this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrjlHtvoyAE

Also found this.
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ar-lx.7204264/
    Really trashes the lab radar customer service.

Probably buying the Garmin.

Marty
    Last edited by fa38; 07-05-2024 at 08:53 AM.
    M. Stenback

Boolit Master

I got a LabRadar about 5 years ago. It beats sky screen chronographs in all ways once it is set up.
    Once you have set up down, it is easier to set up than a sky screen chronograph.
    The new Garmin sounds wonderful and sounds like the second generation of dollar radar chronographs.
    And the new Garmin seems to address the finicky parts about setting up a LabRadar unit.
    That being said, my LabRadar has made it a pleasure to chronograph loads and shoot groups on multiple targets without having to adjust skyscreens
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

The only logical reason to use a Labradar instead of a Garmin is that you already have the Labradar and don't want to spend the money for a better unit.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

The only logical reason to use a Labradar instead of a Garmin is . . .
    ... that you want multiple/simultaneous downrange velocity data points to determine actual ballistic performance.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mehavey View Post
    ... that you want multiple/simultaneous downrange velocity data points to determine actual ballistic performance.
    . With the formula from Hatcher’s Notebook you can determine the ballistic coefficient of your cast bullets at various speeds using those data points. Ballistic coefficient does change with velocity
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...