Titan ReloadingMCD ProductsLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data Wideners
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tell us about your forum name

Boolit Grand Master

I'm a retired Electrical Lineman. My customers called me "Lightman". The name stuck!

Boolit Master
    r, first letter first name. buck, nick name and first four letters of last name. 351, badge number AK Correctional Officer.

For me it is one of the hobbies I love to do and the numbers is the year I was force to see the world . Not like others that came out on their own with out know what they would get into .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I learned to melt lead at a very young age, like maybe 9. Was always very careful and never had an accident or burned myself or anything else. I have always enjoyed melting lead, and making things for myself. I happened to be born on April 1st, thus the name Casting fool. Didn't start casting boolits until 25 yrs ago, but I have been collecting lead for a long time, even cast a few boat anchors, using a tin can as a mold, and an open fire as my heat source.

My handle came from one of Sheriff Jim Wilson’s articles about old gunfighters.
    John Wesley Hardin was surprised on a train in Florida by a pair of lawmen that he recognized. He was said to have yelled “Texas by God!” as he fumbled his draw and got buffalo’d on the spot…..
    And as well, I’m a proud Texan who believes in God and have since I remember remembering!
    A local woman printed a Texas by God tee shirt for me(wife’s idea).
    But I love to wear it in Colorado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    In 1995 I shot my first three bearded turkey. Thought it was a big feat back then so used it for my forum name.

Boolit Master

dale - My first name
    2242 - my birthdate Feb 2, 1942.
    Yep, a ground hogger.

Boolit Buddy

In Feb 1998 I found my first meteorite, which lead to buying and selling meteorites. When I went to set up a web page for selling both meteorite and meteorites were already taken so I wound up with star-bits.com. Dealt in meteorites for around 20 years, traveling on hunting trips to Australia, Oman, (a couple times each), Lesotho (small country within South Africa), and Mexico, as well as around the USA. Left out the dash for my handle. Best find was a piece of a lunar meteorite in Oman.
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Most of my early career was spent designing, laying out and constructing trails, mostly for motorcycle and ATV. I was also very deeply involved in the early development of the Hatfield-McCoy Trails in WV. So...for many, many years I've been some variation of 'trails for you' pretty much anywhere you find me online.
    I made a trip to ride those trails after attending the Ohio State Trap Shooting Championship one year. Had a 43" toy hauler and a Polaris Ranger I used at the shoots. There are some great trails. It was well worth the side trip.
    Don Verna

Mine is really simple like me. I use my initials.

Cast Boolits Owner

My love for Ruger #1’s.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just thought it's because your the head honcho!!!!...#1

Boolit Master

Middle Tennessee for now. WANT TO BUY land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I just thought it's because your the head honcho!!!!...#1
    Me too! Not surprised I was wrong once again.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I made a trip to ride those trails after attending the Ohio State Trap Shooting Championship one year. Had a 43" toy hauler and a Polaris Ranger I used at the shoots. There are some great trails. It was well worth the side trip.
    Glad you enjoyed it, Don! It's the pinnacle of my career....not so much as a trail builder, but in the light of it being a rural economic development project. It really has taken off and gained popularity in the last 10 years or so.....loooong after my involvement, but still very dear to me. I'm a native West Virginian, and to see a new economic future for the coalfields in the world we live in today is heartening!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Radio ID as the Battalion designated shooter, 2/319th, 101st Airborne Division.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    My forum name is my real surname. Easy to remember!

Not much thought in it.
    Just adopted my dogs name.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My first name is Greg and La Roche is the name of our farm.

Boolit Mold
    The Ballad of Boh Da Thone

I picked recycled bullet because I used up a lot of propane remelting and recasting (recycling) all my mistakes. I started with 2 and 6 cavity lee molds, a 10 lb lyman iron pot over a Coleman stove with the Lee ladle lol! Then I jumped right into four cavity hollow point molds !! I had a hard time with the learning process of bullet casting. Casting bullets is by far the most difficult part of my handloading Journey and it is the most satisfactory by far. I taught myself how to cast bullets in march of 2020 and in the beginning I was absolutely terrible. I would throw them back in the pot and try again. And try again. And sweat and cuss and finally I started to learn and understand the relationship of heat management, timing, Cadence and then my hands developed a new skill.