Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMCD ProductsMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accurate Molds Order

Boolit Master

Accurate Molds Order

I'm not sure where a post like this should go. I'm sure if it is too far out in left field, that a moderator will call me on it.

I ordered an Accurate mold back in early April. It was acknowledged on April 6th. The stated lead time on the website was 6 weeks. That would put shipping around May 20th. On May 24th I emailed Accurate. He responded with a ship date of May 24th by USPS Priority Mall.

I emailed again on May 31st requesting Tracking information. No Response

I sent an additional email on June 7th, again requesting Tracking and reminding him that tracking is provided with Priority Mail. No response so far.

BTW, I have had one previous order with Accurate Molds and the experience was good.

Since email is relatively instantaneous, I feel that I should have received a reply by now. Is this normal for a vendor that seems to have a very good reputation on this board?

alamogunr
    W. TN
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy

In my experience, that's all very odd. Lead times can be long sometimes, but he tells you that up front and usually beats the quoted estimate. And he's usually very responsive. As I said, not my typical experience, and I've ordered several molds from Accurate. Maybe a health or personal issue has him sidetracked?

Good luck!
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Boolit Master
    He ghosted me once. Fortunately, I was only asking about getting a custom mold for a few .357 Sig boolit concepts. We sent a few emails, I sent him a drawing, then he never responded again. I wondered if I went to his spam folder, so I sent another email about something else, he responded. I’m a Mechanical Engineer. I’ve made thousands of drawings. I never figured out how I offended him.

I ordered a mold from accurate back around April 21st. Had it in my hands in less than 4 weeks. I was impressed.

I've had very good experiences with Accurate. Quick spot on responses to inquiries and great design work on projects I wanted to pursue. Tom rocks.

Boolit Grand Master
    stuff happens
    Tom has and does have excellent customer service and is very responsive to e-mails
    hang tight I am sure there is a glitch somewhere that can be explained
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

I'll mention the US Mail has been quite "Wonky" lately. It took me almost a month to get a barrel from Michigan. I'm sure it will be along soon. Tom is first class! I hope you enjoy your new mold when it does arrive.
    Take care,
    Rick

About a year and a half ago I retired and sold the business to a local family.

"Tom" is a nickname I use, my real name is Larry. Since that nickname is synonymous with Accurate Molds, they continued using it.

They've had a steep learning curve and a few growing pains, but I'm sure you'll get a satisfactory response if you keep trying.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAM View Post

"Tom" is a nickname I use, my real name is Larry. Since that nickname is synonymous with Accurate Molds, they continued using it.

They've had a steep learning curve and a few growing pains, but I'm sure you'll get a satisfactory response if you keep trying.
    So as of April at least, they are signing their emails "Thanks, Tom". That's them and not you ? Or are you still helping them out ? Just curious, I may be ordering some molds soon.

Boolit Man
    I have two molds by Tom. Received them quicker than estimate and are top notch. Never needed CS, tho.

Their reign goes back to about October of 2022. From that time till recently, I've spent many hundreds of hours working alongside them, training and supervising their work.

They haven't needed my help for a while, and it's time for them to stand on their own reputation. So I felt it only fair to all to provide this information.

Boolit Master

Well I had couple of molds in mid 2021 and I am delighted with them , sad to see you retire but glad for you at the same time .

I just received two moulds in the past year and could not tell that Tom didn’t make them. One was brass the other iron and they cast as well as as any I’ve ever owned and better than most.
    Appears the new owners have learned very well, I won’t hesitate to order again.

We all should be lucky the current mold makers are still in business. Tom made me a very nice 32-20 mold recently, could not be happier.

Boolit Master
    I've got a set of molds on order since last month, but it says right on their webpage that orders are taking 8 weeks to fill, so I have no worries. It will get here when it does, and I'm confident that it will be a good mold.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    SNIP>>>

I ordered an Accurate mold back in early April. It was acknowledged on April 6th. The stated lead time on the website was 6 weeks. That would put shipping around May 20th. On May 24th I emailed Accurate. He responded with a ship date of May 24th by USPS Priority Mall.

I emailed again on May 31st requesting Tracking information. No Response

I sent an additional email on June 7th, again requesting Tracking and reminding him that tracking is provided with Priority Mail. No response so far.
    Sounds like it's time to give them a phone call.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

i ordered a mould and paid for it and sent a note asking a question and never got a response .been 4 weeks and crickets. this will be my last accurate mould. congrats on ur retirement

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Sounds like it's time to give them a phone call.
    I've refrained from calling since he says he is nearly deaf and doesn't talk on the phone. I guess, at least he has given an excuse for no reply in advance.

I guess it is time to write off $126 (inludes shipping) and look for another mold vendor. How he ever accumulated such an extensive on-line catalog is beyond me.

I just read the post by "TomAM. I will refrain from referring to Him in the future and call it by "Accurate Molds" since He is no longer responsible. Sounds like they are determined to run the business into the ground.

I will try to make a phone call since the "deafness" apparently no longer applies.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Their reign goes back to about October of 2022. From that time till recently, I've spent many hundreds of hours working alongside them, training and supervising their work.

They haven't needed my help for a while, and it's time for them to stand on their own reputation. So I felt it only fair to all to provide this information.
    Interesting that the company changed hands 2 years ago and this is the first I have heard of it? But I think you did the right thing Larry by coming on here to let us know the situation. This preserves your legacy and reputation and does not let the new owners run you into the ground. You may not care one way or the other but I feel people that built up a business based on their service and reputation should not have it ruined by successors.

Boolit Master

First i have heard about it too - I was thinking of ordering a mold, but not so sure now - See how it shakes out. It would be nice to have a word or two from the new owners
    Being human is not for sissies.