Lee PrecisionMCD ProductsTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 9.3x57 loads?

Boolit Mold

9.3x57 loads?

Anyone have any 9.3x57 load data to pass on? Does anyone have experience with lead bullets in this caliber?

Boolit Master

Middle Tennessee for now. WANT TO BUY land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Welcome to the forum!

I quickly glanced at the Hodgdon data center and the Vihtavuori app and neither had data. Much less cast data.

Where are you? What brand powder do you have access to? What’s your experience level? In the simplest of terms, if you take the same cartridge and increase the bore size, you get higher velocity in the larger bore with an equal bullet weight. The bullet is a bigger “piston” for the gasses to push on.

All that said, if I was desperate, I’d consider load data from the parent cartridge of the smaller bore with the same bullet weight in the larger bore. Absolutely never the other way around.

I’m sure some others will chime in, once they get coffee going and get you much better information than above.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry54 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I quickly glanced at the Hodgdon data center and the Vihtavuori app and neither had data. Much less cast data.

Where are you? What brand powder do you have access to? What’s your experience level? In the simplest of terms, if you take the same cartridge and increase the bore size, you get higher velocity in the larger bore with an equal bullet weight. The bullet is a bigger “piston” for the gasses to push on.

All that said, if I was desperate, I’d consider load data from the parent cartridge of the smaller bore with the same bullet weight in the larger bore. Absolutely never the other way around.

I’m sure some others will chime in, once they get coffee going and get you much better information than above.
    Surely milder loads will result if using like same Projectile weight, but 8X57 loads.... Kinda like "starting loads"

.358 Winchester data for similar weight bullets would be a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Thanks!

in my Husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57 i load a 275gr WFN GC with IMR4895. i'd start with 39.0gr and go up from there.

https://www.gunboards.com/threads/9-...7+chamber+.370

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...85-grain-GC-FP

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...t-loads-9-3x57

https://www.gunboards.com/threads/ha...bullets+9.3x57

there is a bunch of articles that reload for jacketed bullets, but cast boolits is hard to find.
    Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

US Army 12B & 51B

Moderator Emeritus

Check Lyman # 41 and 39 for 9x57 loads. You can start there.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze