Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow? What the? Argh......

Snow? What the? Argh......

Snow?!!

Have not made an appearance to our local cowboy silhouette shoots since captain tripps.
    So I have been itching to attend.
    Sundays the shoot, Birthdays the same day so I thought that would make this one a good day.

I spent this past week getting some ammo loaded up, weather forecast looked decent for this weekend. Rifles ready to go, range box ready.

Woke up this morning to 6 very wet inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down!
    The range is about 20 miles south of me so checked the weather radar and they're getting it just as bad as I am. So guessing the shoot will be cancelled due to snow and a muddy range.

Argh......I Hate Snow! Colorado weather is real goofy at times! Wait and see how tomorrow morning pans out.

Snowed in Fargo off and on all day yesterday. No big accumulation as it melted as fast as it came down.
    I'm thinking that it was ol man winters last gasp. And his promise that he will indeed be back.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

I live in Western NY and have seen a snowfall on Mother's Day, heavy enough to bury the blooming daffodils. On the other hand, one year I observed the last snowfall, about 3 inches, on March 3rd. Both occurrences in the previous century.
    Good luck getting to the range.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    My wife made cut flowers of her daffodils ant tulips yesterday.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've seen snow every month of the year here. Two 4th of July storms, 18 inches on August 15, darn near got snowed in the Great Bear Wilderness one September.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Typical spring weather.
    It snowed 2 or 3 days ago here and is still very white out now since its only been a couple degrees above freezing for the high, mid twenties at night.
    Like was said above, its snowed every month of the year here. One year it froze so hard on the 4th of July the farmers lost their crops.

Boolit Grand Master
    Climate change....
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    Lived in Conifer CO for twenty years or so twenty years ago, expected snow Labor Day through Memorial Day, sometimes in June and August, got into snow in July on occasion in the West Elks and the Mt Zirkel Wilderness.

Boolit Master
    Remmy,

I lived happily for 26 years in NH and finally understood the "value" of weather forecasts! Several times I SHOVELLED "Chance of flurries!" LOL.

Be well.

Adam

Boolit Master
    I had to spray my peaches yesterday!

Snow is a four letter word. Military family, move around, Dad was in USAF Intelligence. In 62 we arrived in NH. Went to HS in NH, enlisted to go through SF Selection, was a mountain climber, cliffs, ice, etc so when I got out, went to College in NH. During that entire time, saw some awful weather, while I was out in it. Like on Memorial Day weekend, 5/31/1964 mountain hiking in NH, 6" of snow while sleeping in the mountains. During the military, blizzards of 64 in OK and of 66 in KY and then the 100" in the blizzard of 1969 in ME, NH and VT. I bailed, moved to the rolling hills of north Florida.
    We still get a touch of snow now and then, but snow does not stick here as the ground never freezes. Do not miss snow an all. Nothing quite like wet from snow, in a 50+ mph wind, out in the open, except submerged in 40 degree flowing water, like breaking through the ice on a river.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

A friend said she saw a few flurries this morning in SE Michigan. I've seen snow as late as June and as early as September here. Just flurries nothing that ever stuck.

Pretty weird cultivating soybeans on on open tractor and get a brief shot of snow. 15 minutes later it's in the 70's.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Don't know what all the fuss is about: I shot BRM at Fort Dix in the snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy4477 View Post
    Snow?!!

Have not made an appearance to our local cowboy silhouette shoots since captain tripps.
    So I have been itching to attend.
    Sundays the shoot, Birthdays the same day so I thought that would make this one a good day.

I spent this past week getting some ammo loaded up, weather forecast looked decent for this weekend. Rifles ready to go, range box ready.

Woke up this morning to 6 very wet inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down!
    The range is about 20 miles south of me so checked the weather radar and they're getting it just as bad as I am. So guessing the shoot will be cancelled due to snow and a muddy range.

Argh......I Hate Snow! Colorado weather is real goofy at times! Wait and see how tomorrow morning pans out.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Yes, here at 1700’ in Central NYS we can get accumulating snow in 8 of 12 months. When our weather stops changing then we will worry.

Snowing today, forecast for Denver metro 63° tomorrow and 72° on Monday. Must be Colorado.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

We had snow last wknd. 3inches.melted off in a day. Today it was just icy rain with a hint of snow. We see the the night air brings.

Boolit Master
    Snowing like crazy 2 day ago in western ND. It didnt stick around very long.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    I live in Western NY and have seen a snowfall on Mother's Day, heavy enough to bury the blooming daffodils. On the other hand, one year I observed the last snowfall, about 3 inches, on March 3rd. Both occurrences in the previous century.
    Good luck getting to the range.
    Daffodils bloomed here in February. I had my first tick of the year crawling on me February 29th.

48 degrees here today! It’s usually twice that warm in April so no complaints at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Snow in April is not uncommon in Michigan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast