Load DataInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: S&W Model 16-4 .32 H&R Magnum

Boolit Man

S&W Model 16-4 .32 H&R Magnum

I sold my 4” version to buy a 6” version. I am sending it off to JRH Advanced Gunsmithing for an action job, rechambering to .327 Federal and D&T for a scope mount. Originally I was going to go with a Weigand mount but the Leupold dual dovetail mount looks sleeker to me so I ordered one. I will put a Leupold 4X gloss scope on it and practice like hell until I am comfortable out to 100 yards. I am going to work up some loads for an MP 100gr HP mold and proceed to go forth and slay Whitetails. I know I will be “ruining” whatever collector value it may have but it will fit my needs and make me happy. Here is a pic of it along with a S&W 617 with the Weigand mount and a Bausch & Lomb 4x scope and the second pic is the MP mold. Can’t wait

Boolit Master

I have a 6" i bought last fall, LNIB. I was looking for a 4", but the 6" still balances well in a Kframe. I was not a fan of the 686 6" 357 I had. It was a bit too muzzle heavy for my taste.

The 16s are really nice revolvers. I plan to keep mine as 32. I had a 327, but did not care for the bark and blast it was a single seven. I only shot 32 or 32 equivalent loads out of it, so sold it.

A scoped 327, now, that would be quite the tack driver, I am sure.

I also have the MP 100 and MP 110/115 640 molds.

Boolit Buddy
    Beautiful!
    Wish I could find a s&w m16 in any variation ��
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master
    pacecars, the S&W model 16 you are preparing to modify is your owned property. If making changes or alterations so it gives you the performance you need, DO IT! Many years ago I was working for a police department whose chief was a WWII veteran. Although he issued a S&W model 10 to every new recruit, he opened the doors by declaring "if you can qualify with it, you can carry it." That mindset came from his wartime experiences. I wanted to carry a S&W 44 Special but none could be found. Quick story forward I had a S&W 28, new S&W 44 Special barrel 6" (another long story) and had the revolver converted. Handloaded ammo suited the revolver until the agency went completely over to bottom-feeders. Such is life. Still have that revolver, will until I am gone, and good luck favors the next owner of this very fine revolver. If you need to convert your revolver, do it. You can thank me later.

Boolit Master
    Rumors are Lipsey’s is working on a 327 K-Frame for next year. A follow up to the 32 HR Ultimate Carry J-Frame. No idea of barrel length for the K-Frame though. Just a rumor but I’m hopeful it’ll really happen.

I’m a big fan of 327 and K-Frames. I think it’s a shame S&W hasn’t done a 327 K-Frame yet.

I’ve got 16-4 and it’ll stay 32. But it’s a pretty big gun for 32. I agree a 16-4 would make a great 327. I’ll be anxious to see how your’s turns out.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Buddy
    BK7saum: Did your single seven shoot 32 longs reasonably well? A friend has one that will be on the market sooner or later... Thanks.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by shooting on a shoestring View Post
    Rumors are Lipsey’s is working on a 327 K-Frame for next year. A follow up to the 32 HR Ultimate Carry J-Frame. No idea of barrel length for the K-Frame though. Just a rumor but I’m hopeful it’ll really happen.

I’m a big fan of 327 and K-Frames. I think it’s a shame S&W hasn’t done a 327 K-Frame yet.

I’ve got 16-4 and it’ll stay 32. But it’s a pretty big gun for 32. I agree a 16-4 would make a great 327. I’ll be anxious to see how your’s turns out.
    I imagine it will happen because I just bought one of the 632 Ultimate Carry .32 H&R that should be here today!

Boolit Man
    I plan to carry the scoped 16 in one of Randy Miller’s chest holsters. I have one setup for my Freedom Arms 83 .454 Casull with a Burris 2.5x8 scope. The harness is designed to accept different holsters. It is a great setup.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you get your 327 as nice as the one Greenfrog has, you'll be very, very happy. I'd love to have one but for now, they're out of my price range. But I hope Lipsey's is listening. A 6 inch 327 K-frame would rock.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am quickly becoming an adherent to the “It’s just a tool” school of thought, and unless it’s a pristine example of some rare old model or an item with provenance to some historical figure, I’ve been moving slowly toward the feeling that if the owner can make any gun more suitable to their needs or desires (and not just a whim) they should go for it. If you disagree, you are OK, just different!
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"