RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: ***: M-1 Carbine Gunsmith

Boolit Buddy

***: M-1 Carbine Gunsmith

My Carbine barrel needs replacing; the rifling has been removed. I need a source for a replacement barrel, and a smith to do the work. Western Washington is a gun smith desert.

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

the CMP also does them -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master

I have never ordered from them - but Riverbank Armory seems to have a large supply of surplus original M1 carbine parts including barrels - Pricey but original. Anyone have any experience ordering form them ?
    Last edited by square butte; 04-18-2024 at 08:29 AM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

CMP gets barrels from Criterion. See here for M1 Carbine barrels:

https://criterionbarrels.com/product...v=7516fd43adaa

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ilwil View Post
    My Carbine barrel needs replacing; the rifling has been removed. I need a source for a replacement barrel, and a smith to do the work. Western Washington is a gun smith desert.
    My choice would by Michael or Anthony Pucci at Orion7 Enterprises on Long Island, New York. Michael has totally trouble-shooted and repaired -- yes, new barrel included -- M1 Garands for a club I'm a member of; and I have purchased and had repaired both M1 Carbines from them. A totally no bovine-excrement place with fair prices and better than superb work! Their web is https://www.m1garand.com/, but I'd strongly suggest you ring them and speak with them...
    My second choice would be Fulton, but it has been quite a few years (Clint was still with us ) since I've done more than buy parts from them.
    geo

Boolit Master

+1 on Fulton Armory. I have used Fulton Armory in the past to work on my Garands and they did first class work on them. I highly recommend them. james

Boolit Buddy

Thanks to all with your suggestions. Fulton Armory looks great, but their website specifically makes an exception for doing barrels/actions from Washington customers. I'm going to call them for confirmation. I 'm a 3rd generation Washingtonian, and I love my state, but I'm ashamed of it. There was a wisecrackback in the 30's; "There are 47 states and the Soviet of Washington." It's more true than ever now.

Boolit Master

Looking through Fulton Armory's website I am a bit dismayed by their adamant opposition to reloading.

Boolit Buddy
    Check out Shuff's parkerizing. They have been around for years and while they are mostly known for their reparking service they are excellent Garand and Carbine gunsmiths and are highly recommended on the CMP forums. Their prices were more than reasonable but your problem will be finding a new carbine barrel for them to fit.

https://shuffsparkerizing.com/