Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cimarron vs Uberti

Boolit Buddy

have a Cimaron 1894 in 38-55, well made rifle. I have no complaints.

Boolit Master

My Uberti lever in .45 Colt loves a 265 gr fprn with either Win 231 or Unique. It will hold smaller than 1 inch 5 shot groups at 50 yards off sand bags. When I do my job, it drops deer in their tracks. I have no complaints about that rifle.

Boolit Mold
    All 3 of these brands, though they may be the same thing, seem to be commonly used. I guess theyre like most other things, some have great luck others dont. I myself own a single henry that had to go back 3 times, so nobody is perfect.
    I appreciate all of the testimonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill.68 View Post
    ...... I myself own a single henry that had to go back 3 times, so nobody is perfect.
    My Henry Long Barrel Frontier just returned from its fourth trip to Henry for warranty repairs. While it was in for back to back repairs( yes they sent it back unrepaired/I shipped it back the next day) I spent a large sum of money for an unfired 1970s Marlin 39A with a 24" barrel. The Henry , if it works well enough will be my emergency backup rifle for metallic silhouette.

Boolit Mold
    Wow! I was ready to send it down the road after the secind, cant imagine 4 trips home. Fortunately for me (?) or them or the gun, maybe all three, I finally found a load that that brand new barrel Henry put on it loves and is a literal laser, 19.5gr of A9 and a 240gr JSP from Roze Distributing is a "cant miss" proposition, its freaky really. So, Ill keep it I guess.
    Sadly though, its just about the only load Ive found that it will shoot and to my mind I just dont think a rifle should be limited to one single load. Im really not exaggerating either, thats the only load it likes, and Im running low on A9 naturally.
    So, Im exploring options on a brand other than the mainstream brands.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMAGNUM View Post
    My Henry Long Barrel Frontier just returned from its fourth trip to Henry for warranty repairs. While it was in for back to back repairs( yes they sent it back unrepaired/I shipped it back the next day) I spent a large sum of money for an unfired 1970s Marlin 39A with a 24" barrel. The Henry , if it works well enough will be my emergency backup rifle for metallic silhouette.
    That sux, I hope they got it right this time. Pretty much any gun and gunmaker is a roll of the dice. I love my JM Marlins but there is no warranty or factory service whatsoever for them. I bought all mine when they were cheap, but I would hate to spend serious coin on one today and then discover I had to spend even more on parts/repairs. Far as Winchesters go, I think the Italian clones might be a safer bet given that the new Winchesters cost more and have a legacy of light strike problems that the factory won't fix.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I buy original Marlins and Winchesters with perfect bores in 38 55. I never have any trouble with them. If you keep your eyes open you can find them at the same price as the new junk.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    I recently bought a 1894 Cimmaron, 26" barrel, case colored receiver. It shoots and works as slick as any pre 64 Winchester 94, which it is a piece for piece copy of. It has ran flawless with factory and handloads, jacketed or cast bullets, and a tack driver when it comes to accuracy. The only thing I had to do was change the front sight, with the rear elevator all the way down, it shot 2 feet high, so I put on a higher ft sight and it is 1" high at 25 yds, dead on at 100 yds, with the elevator all the way down. It has 8 steps and they are set to 50 yds per step, and I have shot it on steel out to 300 yds, and still have 2 notches left in the elevator. I can ring a 12" gong with ease at 300 yds.

I bought a Cimarron Indian Territory. Same thing, it shot uselessly above the sights and no recourse, the front sight was part of the barrel band and the fixed part of the ladder sight was as down as it goes. Shipped off to Cimarron after talking to them. Got it back rather quick with a test target of 3/4”, 1”, and 1” groups. Obviously shot at 10 yards. Gun was still off the paper at 50 yards, oh and they shipped it with no packing and it came back with the barrel band twisted around and the mag tube rotated out from under the barrel. My FFL recommended using the Davidson’s (wholesaler) 100% satisfaction guarantee so I did. I will buy a Winchester when one comes available.

Boolit Buddy
    I have 3 Uberti toggle link rifles from 2 different importers, from a 1986 '73 Sporting Rifle, a 2008 1860 and a 2014 '73 Short Rifle... Other than some smoothing of parts, lightened springs and clearancing the carrier for use in cowboy action, all worked as designed out of the box. But, they say anything can be built poorly while nursing a hangover on Monday!
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12