Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Molds

Boolit Buddy

MP Molds

How do you manage to buy something from Miha nowadays?

I bought several molds from him a few years back and they've been great.

Now I'm in the market for a couple of new Magma style molds, but I can't get him to answer my emails. I'm interested in true RN style molds, and accuratemolds can't deliver that, sadly, if so Tom would be my first choose.

Does Miha only produce for group buys on the forum?

Thanks!

Sent fra min Pixel 8 via Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I just bought from him a few weeks ago. My bank usually blocks it until I give them a thumbs up.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    Easier said than done when he does not answer. I understand that he has a lot to do, but a short answer to a couple of emails during 2 years should be doable, in my opinion, when you run a business

Boolit Mold
    I just order from him about a week or so ago, my mold is being delivered by Fed Ex today. Ordered from the web site. When I had an issue with the web site taking my card, he responded promptly and worked it out. When I sent an email with a question, I received no response.

Boolit Master
    Ahh, I see what the problem is....

You want a mold he doesn't have in stock. Well, I'm still waiting on a response for the email I sent him 6 months about about a mold that wasn't in stock. They have so much work they're not doing custom runs right now as I understand it. Either the mold you want is in stock, or it's not. They don't have the time to respond to emails.

I've gotten the same result from MP, NOE, Accurate, and Arsenal. Either order what is available/listed on the website, or wait for it to become available.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Buddy
    I've waited 2 years. Guess I'll have to try something else

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter74 View Post

Yeah, unless he has it in stock he isn't taking orders. I have a particular design I really want to have cut in a 4-5 cavity mold. But I cannot get any of the current manufactures to answer an email about it, let alone cut the mold for me.

It bites, but we're back to Pre Mid-2000s bullet casting, where the molds available are what you can get. Back in the day the only place you could get custom stuff done was through either Lee or a handful of VERY CAPABILITY LIMITED One-Off Mold guys. Good news if you want it bad enough Lee will still cut a custom mold. It'll be VERY pricey, and with a minimum order requirement. But you can still get them...
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve quickly received molds that were in stock and notified when normal sizes were again available. NOE never answered my emails, but modified my order a I had requested.

Just received an RB mold from them. Took about 10 days from order to delivery.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

I am super happy with the 4 cavity brass 452-200. I just ordered two more molds this week.

Unbelievable, I ordered the two molds 4/15 and they arrived today, 4/17 before Noon!
    Last edited by Apple Man; 04-18-2024 at 07:51 AM. Reason: typo,

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple Man View Post
    Unbelievable, I ordered the two molds 4/15 and they arrived today, 4/14 before Noon!
    Yep, typically when I order I chose DHL, and I receive the molds within like 48hrs. It's amazing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter74 View Post

You will be better off doing business with someone else. My last mold from him was a unusable dud.

I also sent an e-mail to MP guys about a mold for Master Caster. It was few weeks ago and still didn't get an answer. Then I looked somewhere else and I found a very nice Magma mold. I won't bash MP for not answering their e-mails. Just chiming in as I see others in the exact same situation.

Boolit Buddy
    Except for round nose and a few other things why would you choose anyone besides Accurate molds. You will get the correct dia. for the alloy you are using, your choice of block sizes, the ability to alter the design your choice of sprue plates, boolits with ALL THE CORRECT DIMENSIONS and a choice of materials and more. If he can make what I want i will never go anywhere else. I have been burned by EVERYONE else at least once with no recourse. Thank you Tom for the finest molds available and for standing behind what you make.
    Last edited by flatnose; 04-19-2024 at 11:30 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    You will be better off doing business with someone else. My last mold from him was a unusable dud.
    I have had 3 useless molds from him. I am tired of gambling.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flatnose View Post
    I have had 3 useless molds from him. I am tired of gambling.
    How were all three moulds useless?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    How were all three moulds useless?
    All of them the gas check shanks are way too big, so it is impossible to install the gas checks. I am not the only one here that they have done this to. Also sent the incorrect top punch for two of them. Everyone makes mistakes but when you wont back up what you sell that leaves a bitter taste. Honestly Accurate made an out of round mold for me but answered my email and replaced the mold with a perfect one in 2 weeks. I have a lot of Accurate molds and I highly recommend you try them to eliminate the b.s. or at least the risk of it. Why gamble.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flatnose View Post
    All of them the gas check shanks are way too big, so it is impossible to install the gas checks. I am not the only one here that they have done this to. Also sent the incorrect top punch for two of them. Everyone makes mistakes but when you wont back up what you sell that leaves a bitter taste. Honestly Accurate made an out of round mold for me but answered my email and replaced the mold with a perfect one in 2 weeks. I have a lot of Accurate molds and I highly recommend you try them to eliminate the b.s. or at least the risk of it. Why gamble.

So, two of moulds work you just need top punches?

I 3 MP out of the 56 on hand, the MP's work great. Only have few that don't work; one NOE, One Lyman and the old two cavity Lee's from the 80's.

But , I don't do much rifle mostly revolvers, so I can make just about anything work out to 50 yards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast