RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 blackout mold 130-150 grain

Boolit Bub

300 blackout mold 130-150 grain

Hi everyone, I know this has been asked a lot, however after 20 hours of searching the internet I have still not found a definitive answer. Is there a mold that drops a 130 to 150 grain boolit that will feed in every 300 blackout AR upper. Early this morning I settled on the NOE 310-135, after more reading I am having second thought's. I have read a lot of stories about people spending several hundred dollars before they find a mold that will feed reliably. TIA.

There is an noe 150 ish grain bullet 152sp?? that I've been powder coating experimenting with Ruger bolt action rifle. This is the first bullet out of a bunch of different molds I have tried that makes the trip from the magazine to the Barrel without any Hang-Ups. To my endless frustration a whole bunch of other bullet molds fail miserably at this test. Recently cast some much harder lead antimony tin alloy, will be testing them with h110 and see if the accuracy remains. My rifle is one and seven twist. The bullet is very pointy and it also has a step on the ogive. The step prevents the jamming in the throat problem and the pointiness helps tremendously with feeding. I use the step also as a visual indication of seating depth.

Boolit Master
    I use the Lee C312-155-2R and or the CTL312-160-2R. Both feed in everything we have put it in. All my buddies AR's and bolts just fine. I prefer the 155 myself. Will it work in your AR I have no clue but look at the bullet on the site and compare it to factory ammo J words in profile.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    RCBS 7.62mm-130-SPL.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Bub
    I tried both of those Lee dies and neither one will feed in 3 different AR's, C.O.L. 1.975

Boolit Bub
    This is another I am looking at, have you tried it?

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    The 230 grain Lee feeds for me. So does the NOE 232? But those aren’t the weight range you asked about. Sorry.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by donovansn585 View Post
    I tried both of those Lee dies and neither one will feed in 3 different AR's, C.O.L. 1.975
    Check your magazine. Often boolits with a long bore riding nose will be pinched inwards by the forward ribs on the magazine and the stack binds and causes feed problems. Magazines designed for 300 BLK have this rib lowered to avoid the problem. If you use .223 plastic magazines, a few minutes with a fine file will lower the rib. If you use aluminum .223 magazines, all you can do is load the boolits deeper if the design allows it.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by donovansn585 View Post
    What powder are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    What powder are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    H110, they work great if you single feed them, they won't feed out of the magazine

Boolit Master
    Sounds like its something on your rifles end. Mag makes a major difference as others have said. If you want to make sure it is not the mag just load it up with a full mag of J-words bullets. I have found that it comes down to the builder of most 300 blackouts and how its timed. Mostly with the carbine gas system. Mid-length forget it. Pistol never has gas issues. I also have weakened my mag springs to get better feeding in the past. Shouldnt have to if the gun is set up correct.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

My blackout carbine likes the 155 gr Lee boolits. Yours???? I am using WC820 powder which is between AA#9 and H110 burn rate and powder coating the boolits and they have gas checks on them. I have not gotten them to work as well in my blackout pistol yet. I need to play with that one more.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Both the RCBS 762 & LEE 155 bullet have fed flawlessly here in 5-7 differrent rifles.

For powders try 4198.

For a heavy I love Al 's 310-247 htc mold! ( noe) Also over 4198. Its been by far most accurate sub load I have found.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Bub
    I ended up ordering the NOE 310-135, I'll know by the end of the weekend if it works. I think it will, it's much shorter than the Lee mold, it is also tapered a lot more.

I've been watching this thread!
    I have a 300AAC project planned, thinking of loading it similar to 30 carbine. My friend Pete cast 115gr bullets for his, and it was really fun! My granddaughter could ring the 200yd plates we set up almost every time. Her kids are coming along, and soon we'll let the oldest start with the Cricket, hoping to have something like Pete's carbine when they're ready!

Boolit Grand Master

Regards 110 grain bullets intended for the Carbine... 3 different brand FMJ and Remington JSP failed to feed in my rifle. 3 more light RN cast also failed. They all jammed hard into the locking lugs. Slughammer gave me the boolits to try already cast. He might remember the mold numbers.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Boolit Master

WOW! That really sounds like mag problems to me. The only other possibilty in my mind is the mag catch holding the mag too low.

Boolit Grand Master

Try it yourself and see. Short round nose bullets are problematic in ARs.

Boolit Bub
    The NOE feeds great in 2 different AR's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast