Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anybody Lubrisized a Tumble lube boolit

Quote Originally Posted by zxcvbob View Post
    Try using Rooster Jacket instead of LLA. It dries hard and clear, not sticky. I use it for .38 Specials at about 900 to 950 fps, and get no leading at all and it actually seems to polish the bore. (these weren't even TL bullets) I suspect LLA does a better job at magnum and rifle velocities. Rooster Jacket does better for pistol boolits and it's more user friendly.
    I ordered 10 sticks of Lars Red ( Carnauba Red). It's supposed to be the cat's meow. Approximately how many bullets can you lube and size with one stick of lube? I know it is dependent on amount of bands and diameter of bullet. Most everything I'll be casting will be in the 40's (.40 s&w, .45acp, .44spl and mag). How smoky is the rooster jacket? I like to shoot IDPA so the less smoky the lube the better.

My mission is to stockpile and set myself up for life. I need to go on another WW hunt this weekend.

Boolit Master

The rooster jacket is not smokey at all. It's like there's nothing on the bullets at all, except they don't lead (at low velocities, I don't trust it at high velocities.)

You get a lot of bullets from one stick of lube, but I don't know how many. I haven't used my 4500 in a while; been using up the bullets I lubed last year, commercial cast bullets I bought back when they wre cheap, plus using LLA and Rooster Jacket. I bought a bunch of sticks of BAC, but I've got blackpowder lube in my 4500 right now (that was a mistake because it's so messy)

IMHO it's a waste of time and energy I like the TL they are what they are and shoot just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12