Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If your at the Wanenmacher today

Boolit Master

If your at the Wanenmacher today

Shoot me a PM! Love to meet you!

April 5, 2024
    https://youtu.be/Ir1PRIwH43k
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

If your at the Wanenmacher today

Well, didn't get any PMs, so I suppose I was the only one representing today. That said, I did meet an older gentleman by the name of Mr. Duncan from around the Ft. Smith area with an NOE 452 255gr mold for sale. Didn't need it, but did have a nice conversation with him.

Might go back tomorrow, but I'm unsure. My legs currently feel like jello. I barely made it through the entire show, and that was with mostly walking at a swift pace. Not many deals on the items I'm interested in. Ended up with nothing more than a free Hornady catalog, indigestion from a hamburger and coke, and feet that feel like I've been walking on broken glass all day. Had fun though!
    Last edited by jdgabbard; 04-06-2024 at 01:39 AM.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Boolit Buddy
    Ill be going tomorrow , if all goes well

Same as Fitz.

Boolit Master
    I have to work this weekend.

I’ll be going in November. I bought several things last November, but quit trying on casting stuff. Not much selection and prices were as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this.
    Hope you're feeling better.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Another destination on my bucket list. For those that have been attending this show over the years, has it changed much. At least here in NYS, gun shows have really taken a hit with all the crazy new laws.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Another destination on my bucket list. For those that have been attending this show over the years, has it changed much. At least here in NYS, gun shows have really taken a hit with all the crazy new laws.
    Not a lot has changed at Wanenmacher, except for the prices. Few things are what I’d call deals anymore. But if you’re looking for something, it’s at that show. You just have to find it.

I was there two years ago. A guy had a 4 lb unopened box of Trail Boss powder. He wanted $500 for it. I passed.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I went there in 2012, bought enough stuff I had to rent two dollies to haul it to my truck!! Young man was kind enough to assist an old guy by helping load that bunch of stuff! Seriously, I still haven’t shot all of it up yet! And, I do agree, if you can’t find it there, might as well make it yourself! Prices. Bought .357 diameter 158 grain JHP for $38 for 500! I bought enough for forever, at least I thought I did! Lol. Didn’t cast as much back then, so brass and bullets was about all i bought! Fast forward 12 years, and don’t need anymore brass, and now cast and powder coat all my slugs, rifle included. Only thing not cast is .224, and .308 Sierra 168 MK. Glad you got to go, though. Maybe end of year.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

I've been to it off and on for 30 years. Last few times prices were too high to make it worth the trouble. Never know what you will find though and it is one heck of a long walk. Good exercise.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall View Post
    I was there two years ago. A guy had a 4 lb unopened box of Trail Boss powder. He wanted $500 for it. I passed.
    Yesterday there was a guy with a jug of it on the table for $1500. He told me if he could ship it he could ask three times that on gunbroker. Same aisle on the other end of the building there was a lady with a jug for $600. I told her I didn't want it, but it was a 1/3 of the price the guy down from her was selling it for. She said,"Good luck selling it for that, I can't sell mine for $600." Starting to sound more and more like it was discontinued for a reason...

Boolit Buddy
    Wish I was there but today is 50th wedding anniversary and I am not that brave. See you in November.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Not a lot has changed at Wanenmacher, except for the prices. Few things are what I’d call deals anymore. But if you’re looking for something, it’s at that show. You just have to find it.

100% true!

Boolit Buddy
    I went today. Made it through the entire show, then went back and looked at stuff I’d wrote down lol. There are a few good deals, if youre willing to pass up the first few you see, and get through the whole show. Then go back to the cheapest one/couple you saw.

Most everything was $50-100 more than it was in November. Lots of the stuff I recognized from last April, last November and still had it today, just marked higher. Haha
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

I was in Tulsa but couldn't go to the show.

Boolit Master

Spent 2 days with a pal November before last..I enjoyed it..bought a couple guns..it was exhausting, fun and the 13 dollar "Chicken on a Stick" was actually worth it. Bucket List checked.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrod47 View Post
    Spent 2 days with a pal November before last..I enjoyed it..bought a couple guns..it was exhausting, fun and the 13 dollar "Chicken on a Stick" was actually worth it. Bucket List checked.
    I had both lunch and dinner there. One was a $10 hamburger and coke. The second a $12 pulled pork sandwich and coke. Both were absolutely worth it. Walking around looking at guns with a burger in one hand and soda in the other. I felt like a kid in a candy store.

I was there, should have packed a lunch, was not impressed with the two tiny hands burger that I ate in three bites. Got a sweet deal on some brass, almost bought a rifle but it was $100 more than I wanted to spend.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brassmonkey View Post
    I was there, should have packed a lunch, was not impressed with the two tiny hands burger that I ate in three bites. Got a sweet deal on some brass, almost bought a rifle but it was $100 more than I wanted to spend.
    The hamburger place on the north side of the lower level had some decent sized burgers. That's where I got mine. Still $10... But it wasn't bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast