RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wide Feet

Boolit Buddy

Wide Feet

I have wide feet (US 10/4E). Although I can buy footwear in US sizes, I can't find any charts that define European sizes in terms of foot width. How do folks over there deal with width issues?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly View Post
    I have wide feet (US 10/4E). Although I can buy footwear in US sizes, I can't find any charts that define European sizes in terms of foot width. How do folks over there deal with width issues?
    Most I have seen is just narrow and wide and extra wide.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    I also have wide feet, but mines are also short.
    kind of looks like a brick.
    So hard to find shoes.

Boolit Master

I don’t have wide feet but have to buy 9EEE on account of my arches and insteps being high. Slip-ons, especially boots, are out of the question.
    It’s about time someone brings suit against the fashion design studios for discriminating against the bipedally endowed. We will need to convince a Sasquatch to be our spokesperson.

Boolit Master

Manufacturing bean counters decided years ago that wide feet did not deserve separate sizes, so they cut back on their width offerings to make inventory easier to maintain. Wish they could be forced to walk a mile in extra tight shoes, uphill, then a mile downhill.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Best way to go is to just have your little toe and about a half inch of that side trimmed off. Then you'll be able to wear standard sizes and likely save a lot of money.. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Been living with 11 4E all my adult life. Pain in the pass. Steel toe work boots are are a torture.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I use 'Healthy Feet" for my shoes, they have fitting charts. They also have 6EEEEEE in some styles for my busted up feet.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Yep, 11EE, big and wide. My old Granny said it was fig feet for a big foundation. But I rarely find a shoe or boot that fits, regardless of the label.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Many folks here probably know better than me but I have an arterial bypass in my left leg and my foot swells on a regular basis. I can't even stand tight socks on it. I asked about extra wide socks and shoes on another forum and received a response that custom shoes would be in order. The only thing I have that I can wear now is lined Crocks. My foot gets cold very easily. It was mentioned that my insurance might pay for the shoes as I think they are quite expensive. I will soon be on Medicare. Does anyone know if Medicare will pay for custom shoes if they are medically necessary?
    Thanks, and take care,
    Rick

I would love to be able to wear cowboy boots, but my bunions say tennis shoes.

Size 15’s, and width depends on maker, but usually at least a E width. Very low arches.
    New Balance American made shoes come in varying widths. Well worth the price tag, IMO. I tend to get 3-4yrs of 3-4 days/week out of a pair, being on my feet in my shop daily. The laces usually need replacing 2-3x before the shoes are worn out entirely.

Being a Californian, Rainbow leather sandals are a staple in my footwear as well

Boolit Grand Master
    Usually wear New Balance 608's in 13EEEE. Pair might last 4 months

Boolit Master
    another wide-footer. I find Keen shoes in the wide sizes are very comfortable.
    Loren

Whats the problem? Get your shoes made to fit
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver man View Post
    Whats the problem? Get your shoes made to fit
    Hopefully your post is in jest. Even EE shoes are 1.25x D price. Cannot imagine getting: work boots, dress shoes, and every day boots made to order on an average salary.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    When Cabelas was bought out by Bass pro, they dropped their size 15's. And I dropped them. Finding work boots is a pain. Muck Boots make walking possible in the winter, anyway. Thanks for the info on New Balance sneakers.

Boolit Master

RickinTN have you tried compression socks? I entered the swollen legs/ high BP phase of life. Really huge swollen lower legs, can/t get boots on. Compression socks have made a world of difference.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ascast View Post
    RickinTN have you tried compression socks? I entered the swollen legs/ high BP phase of life. Really huge swollen lower legs, can/t get boots on. Compression socks have made a world of difference.
    I can barely wear loose fitting socks. Anything that fits my left foot tight would be going the wrong direction.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Boolit Buddy
    Label from the last pair of shoes I got from the VA.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20240407_144826_347.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	325523
    When I speak of:
    45-70: that is a 45-70 Uberti 1885 High Wall Rifle
    357 Mag. Rifle: that is a Uberti 1873 Carbine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast