Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay persistent on receiving what you purchased

45 95.74%
  • Forget about the 58 pieces of brass you purchased, but didn't receive

2 4.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brass Purchase

You paid your money, you should get what you paid for. Also, you more than likely have the private messages saved and can prove he's admitted he did not keep his end of the agreement. I would take it up with the moderator of the site and hope for a good outcome. If the moderator can't help, get permission to out the guy and do it.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    That's pretty crummy to claim it's all 44 Mag then try to cover his deception by saying that you don't NEED 44 Mag and that 44 Special will work just as well. That takes a lot of nerve if you ask me. I'd persist in getting something done about that. No telling who else he's done it to and maybe since he's a bigshot on the forum nobody has the nerve to call him out on it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
    greybuff thanks for the reply, and that sounds like a better idea getting a hold of a moderator. Fortunately he finally got back in touch with me this evening, I'm kind of wondering if he may also be on this forum under a different handle?

Thanks again
    That is a possibility. Maybe he's not too bad of a fella and just needed a prod to his conscience.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
    I'm posting this to get some input

I purchased 200 rounds of 44 mag brass, not here on a different forum.

I found an ad from a long time forum member. He was advertising brass for sale, 44 mag brass and 45 colt brass. So I ordered 200 pieces of 44 magnum brass from him, when it arrived instead of 200 pieces of 44 magnum, I received 58 pieces 44 special and 142 44 magnum brass.

I got in touch with him and his thought was why do you need 44 magnum to shoot paper and varmints?
    My thoughts he advertised 44 magnum brass, not 44 special brass. And I purchased 44 magnum brass, not 44 special brass.

So here's the input I'm looking for
    Would you stay persistent, but civil on receiving what you ordered? Or would you forget about the shortage of 58 pieces of brass and let it go?
    Guess I would propose paying a quarter of that bill in Canadian dollars! Surely he's going to spend it on frivolous means anyway!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Glad it worked out. If it were me though, and I made a mistake, I would do my best to make the buyer completely whole, and that includes covering shipping both ways. Integrity is worth more than a few dollars shipping.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    Glad it worked out. If it were me though, and I made a mistake, I would do my best to make the buyer completely whole, and that includes covering shipping both ways. Integrity is worth more than a few dollars shipping.
    Exactly. Never compromise your integrity.

Boolit Master

One of the main reasons i hang around this place is because so many of us share the same old school ethics and values about what it is to be a good man in this world. Heck, most of us grew up with WWII vets as role models. I find these values to be less and less common in the generations behind us - Although i am pleasantly surprised from time to time.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nines&Twos View Post
    Too bad you don't have 58 pcs of 44 Russian to send him....He don't need that longer brass just to shoot paper and varmints.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    One of the main reasons i hang around this place is because so many of us share the same old school ethics and values about what it is to be a good man in this world. Heck, most of us grew up with WWII vets as role models. I find these values to be less and less common in the generations behind us - Although i am pleasantly surprised from time to time.
    Very well said. My father was a WWII and Korean War vet.
    And yes, I'm surprised from time to time, but surely not to often.

MO, glad that he's making it right.
    That truly "should" have been his first reply though.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Buddy
    Gents,
    I've cleaned out a good portion of my excess brass hoard over the winter on our swapping and selling forum. I've had some great interactions with other members and have really enjoyed the process. Cast Boolits is indeed classy with some great members. I suspect if I were meeting some of the members I've dealt with in person that I'd have new friends.
    My point as it relates to this discussion however is that, I believe best practice as a seller is to make darn sure you are delivering what you advertise. I've personally counted out tens of thousands of cases to make sure the quantities were right, culled cracked and dented cases, picked the odd 357 out of 38's, and then always thrown in a few extra pieces as insurance in case I missed culling a bad case.

To deliver something other than what you advertise, and then not immediately make right your mistake would not make for happy customers in my eyes.
    Last edited by JRD; 04-04-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    If you have to ship it back, use Pirate Ship to get commercial pricing. It's easy to setup an account and you'll save 50%+
    My straightshooter posts: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...raight-shooter
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...RAIGHT-SHOOTER
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Some people have reached out to me directly to put specific brass packages together regarding specific headstamps. Feel free to ask.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JRD View Post
    Gents,
    I've cleaned out a good portion of my excess brass hoard over the winter on our swapping and selling forum. I've had some great interactions with other members and have really enjoyed the process. Cast Boolits is indeed classy with some great members. I suspect if I were meeting some of the members I've dealt with in person that I'd have new friends.
    My point as it relates to this discussion however is that, I believe best practice as a seller is to make darn sure you are delivering what you advertise. I've personally counted out tens of thousands of cases to make sure the quantities were right, culled cracked and dented cases, picked the odd 357 out of 38's, and then always thrown in a few extra pieces as insurance in case I missed culling a bad case.

To deliver something other than what you advertise, and then not immediately make right your mistake would not make for happy customers in my eyes.
    I can personally vouch for JRD! He is a good guy who will do you right on a transaction. He's fast and honest. Packaging done right too. He's such a good guy to do business with in fact that I kept going back.

Boolit Master

Ultimately it's your decision on what to do. My opinion...He should ship to you what he represented and what you bought, not what he thinks you need. What he thinks you need is irrelevant. I have a hard time understanding some people....My reputation is worth far more than a few pieces of brass. As a matter of fact I don't think I could put a price on it.
    Good Luck to you,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    You paid your money, you should get what you paid for. Also, you more than likely have the private messages saved and can prove he's admitted he did not keep his end of the agreement. I would take it up with the moderator of the site and hope for a good outcome. If the moderator can't help, get permission to out the guy and do it.

Murphy
    Murphy,
    Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. Fortunately he made contact with me in messaging, I think we have it worked out

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    That's pretty crummy to claim it's all 44 Mag then try to cover his deception by saying that you don't NEED 44 Mag and that 44 Special will work just as well. That takes a lot of nerve if you ask me. I'd persist in getting something done about that. No telling who else he's done it to and maybe since he's a bigshot on the forum nobody has the nerve to call him out on it.
    35 Rem,
    That's kind of what I thought, passing the blame onto his buddy. Then telling me I really don't need 44 magnum brass??? I shoot 44 magnums, not 44 specials.

Fortunately we've been in touch, and have it worked out
    I'm going to send his 44 special back, he's sending me 44 magnum brass

Thanks for your in put, and reaffirming to stay persistent

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    Thanks for posting your view, and I agree integrity is worth way more than a couple of bucks
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Exactly. Never compromise your integrity.
    100% I agree, if you have no integrity, what do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    #3 choice tell him you require the brass you ordered, if he does not make it right call him out. It is your duty to help other people from this guys dishonesty. IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Silence perpetuates the problem.

Agree 100%. Don't be silent, it's a problem everywhere and it helps nobody.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    square butte,
    This seems like an excellent forum.
    It's sad to see how our country to be in such a struggle with social values these past years

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira View Post
    Very well said. My father was a WWII and Korean War vet.
    And yes, I'm surprised from time to time, but surely not to often.

MO, glad that he's making it right.
    That truly "should" have been his first reply though.

RP
    Pereira,Thanks
    I'm glad we have it worked out, and still on a friendly outlook
    I agree he should've of fixed it the first message, and not leave me hanging on no replies or updates

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast