WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Glock 47 Trigger Problem

Boolit Master

Glock 47 Trigger Problem

I recently bought a Gen 5 Glock 47 MOS for a duty gun to replace my Glock 17 so I can put an optical sight on it.
    I like to put a couple hundred rounds through a carry gun to make any problems show up and resolve them.
    This one had an unusually hard trigger for a Glock.
    I disassembled it and without the slide on the frame there was no problem.
    I tried moving the firing pin and it took two men and a boy!
    I removed the firing pin and checked for burrs and non were found so I put a drop of oil on it and reassembled the slide, there was improvement but still not right.
    I installed the optical sight and went and sighted it in and the trigger was still not right so I completely disassembled the slide and found a burr on the safety plunger!
    A couple of passes with a diamond file and reassembled and all is well!

Boolit Buddy
    My dad had a judge that the cylinder would get stuck sometimes. Never did find a burr, but a stone passed over every sharp corner cured it. It's amazing what some firearms will tolerate, and then something like that comes up.
    Nice find and fix. It's tough to ruin your day after that.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sureYnot View Post
    My dad had a judge that the cylinder would get stuck sometimes. Never did find a burr, but a stone passed over every sharp corner cured it. It's amazing what some firearms will tolerate, and then something like that comes up.
    Nice find and fix. It's tough to ruin your day after that.
    I have a Circuit Judge that would do the same thing!
    I disassembled it and didn’t find anything either but it hasn’t done it any more!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    I recently bought a Gen 5 Glock 47 MOS for a duty gun to replace my Glock 17 so I can put an optical sight on it.
    I like to put a couple hundred rounds through a carry gun to make any problems show up and resolve them.
    This one had an unusually hard trigger for a Glock.
    I disassembled it and without the slide on the frame there was no problem.
    I tried moving the firing pin and it took two men and a boy!
    I removed the firing pin and checked for burrs and non were found so I put a drop of oil on it and reassembled the slide, there was improvement but still not right.
    I installed the optical sight and went and sighted it in and the trigger was still not right so I completely disassembled the slide and found a burr on the safety plunger!
    A couple of passes with a diamond file and reassembled and all is well!
    Great job!!
    I purchased an 1877 Colt in December that appeared to be in nearly perfect condition in November. Seller said that it wouldn't cycle in single or double action so it was offered for wall hanger price. Well, it was made in 1891 and I believe that this revolver was never fired! The hand had a bur on it that wouldn't allow it to engage the cylinder at all! So I guess that is proof positive that factory mistakes have been happening for a minute or two.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk