RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Peep Sights for CZ 452

Boolit Bub

Peep Sights for CZ 452

I am looking to get rid of the factory rear sight on my CZ to increase my sight radius (also, they're not great) and was wondering if others have had experience with Tech Sights or the Skinner Sight systems? I like the look of the Skinner sight but I have seen some really good reviews on the Tech sights. I am not willing to drill holes in the receiver or do any additional work; just want to plug and play, per se. Are there any other sight systems for CZs that exist out there that would be better than the two I have listed above? Ultimately, I would love to shoot long range with it.

Boolit Master
    You could do what I did for both my CZ's. Take a "see through" scope mount that will attache to the rear scope platform on the rifle, cut off the top of the mount, buy a Skinner dovetail sight, cut off the dovetail portion and clamp the Skinner to the rear of the scope plate using the mountClick image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ peep sight.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	325337
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    You could do what I did for both my CZ's. Take a "see through" scope mount that will attache to the rear scope platform on the rifle, cut off the top of the mount, buy a Skinner dovetail sight, cut off the dovetail portion and clamp the Skinner to the rear of the scope plate using the mountClick image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ peep sight.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	325337
    That is a bit more work than I wanted to put into it but thanks for the reply! Just curious, any reason you didn't want to put just the skinner or Tech sight on your rifle? I think they both come with their own mounting system.

Boolit Master
    Dovetail mount put the sight too far forward-- and I couldn't find anyone with a mounting system for the scope pad that didn't require drilling and tapping. I'm sort of a purist and don't like to go drilling holes in my rifles.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Grand Master

Centra and RPA used to make a target aperture rear sight that mounted on the dovetail bot 3/8 and weaver ( different models.). Sinclairs had them. I have an RPA on the wifes flat top ar match rifle. Both are good sights. Is the rifle drilled and tapped for scope blocks or does it have the rail machined in? a Brownells sells a rail blank that could be drilled to match the receiver then the sight mounted to that.

Therre are the olde redfields but a mount would have to be made to mount them and they are a side mount.