MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down in Oklahoma

Boolit Buddy

Down in Oklahoma

For the first time in my life, I have been West of the Mississippi River on the road. Destination Oklahoma. Love it here, this is a fine place with fine people. I could stay here but wouldn't want to leave the family behind.

Oklahoma, glad I came.

Boolit Master
    While you are there, go to Fort Sill. Yiu will not regret it.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Boolit View Post
    For the first time in my life, I have been West of the Mississippi River on the road. Destination Oklahoma. Love it here, this is a fine place with fine people. I could stay here but wouldn't want to leave the family behind.

Oklahoma, glad I came.
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I was born in Lawton, Oklahoma, Army brat.And that's where I did my Field Artillery training. Going back there this Summer to visit

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    We have too many firearms to be rolling into an army fortress.

We have too many firearms to be rolling into an army fortress.
    Nice!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    We drove a camper into Fort Benning, Georgia because I missed the last exit.They helped us get turned around past the Main Gate. Wife was nervous because I had a firearm in the truck. Guard told me it has happened before.

I was in California once and wanted to visit and watch the recruit training. I felt like a felon when I asked the gate guard if I could. Boot....
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

Oklahoma, glad I came.

Oklahoma is a great state. I've been all over the world, and there is no place like this. I'm originally from the Southeast part of the State, but I have made my home in the greater Tulsa area. Some places are a little behind the times with outdated views. But the people are second to none. If you're gonna be here this coming weekend, come to Tulsa for the Wanenmacher Show in Tulsa. Biggest Gun Show in the United States (if you don't count the Shot Show as a gun show).

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jim 44-40 View Post
    I was born in Lawton, Oklahoma, Army brat.And that's where I did my Field Artillery training. Going back there this Summer to visit
    Man, yall serious??? Ft. Sill is the armpit of army bases. I HATED that place, the whole 5mins I was there anyways. And lets be honest, Lawton leaves a lot to be desired. But while we're being honest, most cities around bases tend to leave a bit to be desired. But I am a little biased. I was reborn on Sand Hill at Benning.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Buddy
    I’ll second the Wanamaker (sp)show. Wear your walking shoes.

Boolit Master

Lot of Kin in Oklahoma. Just for Giggles - Roger Miller grew up as neighbor to my Grandmother on her farm in Erick Oklahoma area. (Famous Country Singer for those too inexperienced to remember). The extended family always referred to Oklahoma as Northern Most County in Texas. Other than helping during Harvest Season, Ol field work, and Hauling cattle - we never thought Oklahoma had much to entice one there back in the day.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Moved here in 2019. Saved a lot of money on taxes. Great place.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Lot of Kin in Oklahoma. Just for Giggles - Roger Miller grew up as neighbor to my Grandmother on her farm in Erick Oklahoma area. (Famous Country Singer for those too inexperienced to remember). The extended family always referred to Oklahoma as Northern Most County in Texas. Other than helping during Harvest Season, Ol field work, and Hauling cattle - we never thought Oklahoma had much to entice one there back in the day.
    Texans always see Oklahoma like that. Oklahoma and Texas could be the most similar and most different states in the Country. The peoples of Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas probably have more in common than any three states in the nation. And are at the same time utterly different in so many ways. More like rival siblings than anything else...
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    JM Davis Gun Museum, Claremore OK. One of the top 5 gun museums in the US. My Grandparents were there and I grew up near there.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    You’d have to give us your Grandmother’s name to have anyone recognize her as a famous Country Music singer…..grin
    “The bear has to touch you to hurt you.
    Don’t let the bear touch you.” Me

.500 Linebaugh. Caliber matters.
    RIP John Linebaugh 11/15/1955 - 03/19/2023

Frosty Boolit,

As with all land, location, location, location. Coming from the East, I'm not sure where you entered into the Sooner State. I will say this though, and I may be a bit partial but the far S.E. corner of the state has some of the most gorgeous country you could hope to see here. I'm a native Oklahoman and have been for 70 years now.

I know currently there is an uptick in our out of state visitors due to a total eclipse of the sun on April 9th. And, I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest. Between 'rumors' and a host of other sources, it could get congested...like Woodstock crazy. People are already hoarding certain items. So if you're heading into S.E. Oklahoma, just be prepared to stay a day longer than planned.

And yes, the Tulsa gun show will be this upcoming weekend. Not one to miss if you get the chance. As already stated, wear your best walking shoes. It takes a bit to get through the whole thing in one day. Glad you're enjoying our state. If you are indeed headed to the S.E. part for the eclipse, depending on the day and where in S.E. Oklahoma, shoot me a message. You may be close enough we can possibly meet up. I figure starting around Saturday sometime, the wife and I are going into lockdown mode and staying off the roads if possible.

Again, welcome to Oklahoma!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Texans always see Oklahoma like that. Oklahoma and Texas could be the most similar and most different states in the Country. The peoples of Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas probably have more in common than any three states in the nation. And are at the same time utterly different in so many ways. More like rival siblings than anything else...
    Years ago, I told some people who were asking where I live in Oklahoma in chat one night. I told them, "Well, I can climb up on the roof and look to the south and laugh at them Texans in the evening, and if I stay a bit longer till the sunsets, I can start to hear them banjo's starting up in Arkansas. Of course, all said in jest.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in Seminole but headed to Texas tomorrow morning. I'll be back to Ohio for the eclipse!

Gorgeous country is exactly what I was thinking when I got here.

Boolit Grand Master
    Moved from there about 35 years ago after living there 20+ years. Wanted someplace cooler, so moved to the mountains of Colorado. Still have in-laws down in OK and a friend or two still alive, so go hunting with them every other year. Have a lifetime hunting/fishing license so I am good to go. Do miss it there at times (mid-Summer excepted) and sometimes think I should have moved to the NE corner by Talequah or down towards Ardmore and the hills there. As far as I know, all my family on Mom's side are buried in OK.
    Been to the museum down at Ft. Sill years ago and climbed Mt. Scott numerous times(I was a lot younger!!). Really enjoy the
    Wanamacher (sp?) show. My feet don't. Its amazing what you can find at the show. Lots of stuff to drool over.

Boolit Master

We need to keep it quiet about OK otherwise people will start moving here and we will no longer be considered "flyover country".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast