Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta 92fs vs S&W 59 vs SA35

Boolit Master
    The Beretta is big, but quite accurate and it will feed virtually any cast bullet style reliably. However, my Sig P226 is a very slightly more accurate than the Beretta with the same loads.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    I have a S&W mod 915 police trade in that I'm real happy with. It shoots my cast loads just fine.
    Here's a listing for one;
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/classifi...983935864.aspx
    I was wondering if anyone else had one of these guns. Mine is a gun I wanted to love but have found it to be overly complicated with a hammer and a decock safety which you can't carry cocked and locked, a double action first shot which I have a tendency to shoot doubles with because of the second shot being easier single action. I like my 1911, and I like my Glock, both of them are big heavy 45 ACP though.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else had one of these guns. Mine is a gun I wanted to love but have found it to be overly complicated with a hammer and a decock safety which you can't carry cocked and locked, a double action first shot which I have a tendency to shoot doubles with because of the second shot being easier single action. I like my 1911, and I like my Glock, both of them are big heavy 45 ACP though.
    The CZ 75 can be carried in DA mode for first shot with the hammer down or it can be carried cocked and locked.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

No experience with Beretta. Some with one model 59. It was a turd, horrible accuracy. Browning HP is ergonomic with so so accuracy and a heavy trigger unless the mag safety is disabled. Not reccomend. Generally very reliable. Cz75, mine is the bd model, great gun. Good ergonomics and accuracy. Trigger is soso. Cajun gun works can do miracles with the trigger and fit a custom bushing if you want. Result is an amazing gun. A sleeper,IMHO, is a Rock Island 1911 in 9mm. Surprisingly accurate. Surprisingly good trigger. Does well with cast. Sights could be better. Can often be found in the $400 range.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Smith and Wesson no longer services the older 59 series pistols. EAA is a nightmare to deal with. I recommend buying a used but excellent condition CZ 75 series pistol. You may or may not be able to find parts for the clones.

Boolit Grand Master
    I prefer my Sigs, but the only one I carry these days is my P-6. It is more accurate than my S&W 39-2 and fits my hand far better than the Beretta. However of the three you asked about, I'd go with a 4 digit S&W. My brother is a fan of the CZ's. Try as many as you can and make your decision accordingly. As I tell people all the time, I wear a size 12 4E, what suits me might not fit you.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't looked at a CZ75 in at least 20 years, looks like I need to hit a gunshow to see if I can find one.

Thanks for all the input and information.
    Cargo

Boolit Buddy
    The Beretta I had was very accurate, but it was just too wide of a grip for me. 100% reliable and in single action I shot it very well, but that first DA shot to SA was weird, with my hands, I never could perfect it.

The only Hi Power I had was a FEG clone, PJK-9HP, it fit my had well and was 100% reliable and accurate. I don’t actually know why it went down the road…

If I could find one I would buy a Beretta 92 Type M. It’s a Beretta 92 SINGLE STACK. To me that would be about perfect. I doubt I’ll fine one thought
    Last edited by Wheelgun; 03-28-2024 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Spelling is hard lol
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master
    Before you write off the Beretta 92 as too bulky look at the compact version. When I saw one I thought the Italians had a different definition of what a compact is, but the one I tried was just about the right size. Four inch barrel and 13 round magazine in a gun that's about an inch shorter and 3/4 inch less height. The full size (i.e., inexpensive surplus) magazines work in them too.

Boolit Master

Since this is a Cast Bullets forum, my experience with the Beretta 92 and Browning HiPower is that their groove diameters run large, on the order of .3575". You need to use oversize bullets with such a barrel or the Leading will be incredible. My experience is that the Beretta chambers are cut big enough to chamber a cartridge assembled with a big enough bullet, but the Brownings are sometimes not.

I really like the Beretta, and my father liked the Browning, and both of our hands are big. Let not just your wallet, but your hand size also, be your guide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12