RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help my ignorance!

I like that idea.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

If you want to shoot 38's in it get the Lee 125 gr rf and load it with 5 gr BE.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    If you want to shoot 38's in it get the Lee 125 gr rf and load it with 5 gr BE.
    I have cast many of thse bullets and have used them in 380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special and 357 Magnum. I have used a few different alloys and size depending on gun and caliber...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Howdy and Welcome to the forum. My buddy's R92 had no issues feeding theRCBS-38-150-SWC. We shot it a fair amount with that bullet, both in 38 Special and 357 Magnum before he swapped the rifle off. I didn't get a chance to test it with any other 357 bullets, unfortunately.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Grand Master

Before investing in expensive 4 cavity custom moulds ... I have tried out various boolit weights and designs using Lee 2 cavity moulds to find out what works , doesn,t work , what the gun likes and doesn't like ... it isn't a Bad Idea !

You will always find a use for a boolit mould ... it isn't money wasted ...
    I dicovered my 9mm fed Truncated Cone desins better than RN ... and that I liked 120 - 124 gr. weight better than 115 gr or 150 grs ... Those Lee moulds helped me decide which NOE mould to order ... I still have uses for the Lee Moulds ...
    and I don't see 2 cavity moulds as a handicap ... My first choice are 3 and 2 cavity aluminum !
    The Lee 358-158-RF would be a good place to start , 158 grs is a good weight , the Round will help feeding , the Flat is a nice large looking meplat and the flat is sweet to have in a lever gun magazine ... safety is good !
    Just my two centavo's ...
    Load Safe ,
    Gary
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

My Rossi 92 hates the Lee 158rf. I can use the Lyman 358665 (158rf) with no problems. Slightly different nose profile. I can also use the Lee 125rf.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Howdy and Welcome to the forum. My buddy's R92 had no issues feeding theRCBS-38-150-SWC. We shot it a fair amount with that bullet, both in 38 Special and 357 Magnum before he swapped the rifle off. I didn't get a chance to test it with any other 357 bullets, unfortunately.
    I should Know Better...But, Sold Mine...now searching for another!!! Nice Boolit!!!

Boolit Grand Master
    I shoot a lot of the 158 Lee boolits thru my Rossi. Size almost all my 38's to .360". My 353 casull needs .358". I use a brass rod, either 1/4" or 5/16" that I got from my local welding supply. Friend of mine broke a wooden dowel in the bore of his revolver, trying to get the boolit out of the barrel. Luckily, I have a lathe and made a bushing to fit in his barrel, so we could drill out most of the dowel and boolit and clear the barrel. Thats why I won't use a wood dowel
    I ended up using a Lee 6 cav. 158rnfp mould although lately, I buy PC 38cal boolits of 158gr or less and cast for the heavier weights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12